• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's return tomorrow

Craig

World Traveller
Well he makes it tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how he goes. The Queenslanders have promised they will punish him if he bowls some bad balls.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I hope he friggen bowls the whole team out... C'AAARRRNNN WARRRRNEYYYYYY!!!:D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Return of a legend!

How do people think he will do??

My gut feeling is that he wont be his best ever again, but he should get his place off MacGill, and do Okay...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Return of a legend!

My gut feeling is that he wont be his best ever again, but he should get his place off MacGill, and do Okay...
My feeling is that he's only rarely been at his best since 1997, and the finger and shoulder operations.
However, his second-best is still pretty damn good.

PY

International Coach
Seems like the return of Mr Warne has kicked up a stink on the introduction of WADA regulations into cricketing drugs tests.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Return of a legend!

My gut feeling would be to agree with you there.

But Ive just seen him written off so many times only to come back better.

In the Windies in 99 he was dropped & the media was on about how the surgery had affected his bowling , he was apparently a whisker from retirement.
Then under 6 months later he went to England & was half the reason we won the world cup (Steve Waugh being the other half :D ).

He missed all of 2000/01 & when he returned the Indians made him look a fool , he was overweight , getting old & bowling very poorly.
Things really didnt look good.
Then he went to England & bowled like a god once more to reclaim his mantle.

In 2001/02 against New Zealand he was very average , they played him well but he really didnt look threatening at all , once more the media was all over him & people were wondering if it was the final chapter.
He then came back to his best against South Africa (home & away) & the way he bowled against Pakistan suggested he was here to stay.

Then he took a couple of pills & the rest is history.

But still you dont write off a champion whos come back so many times before , he will suprise us all.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
iamdavid said:
My gut feeling would be to agree with you there.

But Ive just seen him written off so many times only to come back better.

In the Windies in 99 he was dropped & the media was on about how the surgery had affected his bowling , he was apparently a whisker from retirement.
Then under 6 months later he went to England & was half the reason we won the world cup (Steve Waugh being the other half :D ).

He missed all of 2000/01 & when he returned the Indians made him look a fool , he was overweight , getting old & bowling very poorly.
Things really didnt look good.
Then he went to England & bowled like a god once more to reclaim his mantle.

In 2001/02 against New Zealand he was very average , they played him well but he really didnt look threatening at all , once more the media was all over him & people were wondering if it was the final chapter.
He then came back to his best against South Africa (home & away) & the way he bowled against Pakistan suggested he was here to stay.

Then he took a couple of pills & the rest is history.

But still you dont write off a champion whos come back so many times before , he will suprise us all.
Hmmm...shame for him then that he doesn't get to play either England or South Africa this year. Just Sri Lanka & India away...

Langeveldt

Soutie
iamdavid said:

And Herschelle Gibbs the other half :alien8:

And why have loads of Warnies come backs been against England? Seems to love it here.. I hope he is here for the next ashes...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Richard said:
My feeling is that he's only rarely been at his best since 1997, and the finger and shoulder operations.
However, his second-best is still pretty damn good.
Erm...World Cup '99? Ashes 2001? Pakistan 2002?