• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's return tomorrow

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
And Herschelle Gibbs the other half :alien8:
Mister Wright said:
Hmm...three halves don't make a whole...:D
I hope Rich was making the point that without Gibbs' contribution Waugh's wouldn't have made any difference.
And come on, david - your other players had their moments in 1999. Mark Waugh, Ponting, McGrath, Fleming, Reiffel, Moody, and of course Bevan, all played a more than perceptible part.
On many occasions a bigger one than Stephen Waugh and Warne.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Hmmm...shame for him then that he doesn't get to play either England or South Africa this year. Just Sri Lanka & India away...
And Sri Lanka home!
His comeback from that horror West Indies was in Sri Lanka last time. Let's hope it's the same this time.
And surely he can't go to pieces against India in 4 series out of 4?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
I hope Rich was making the point that without Gibbs' contribution Waugh's wouldn't have made any difference.
And come on, david - your other players had their moments in 1999. Mark Waugh, Ponting, McGrath, Fleming, Reiffel, Moody, and of course Bevan, all played a more than perceptible part.
On many occasions a bigger one than Stephen Waugh and Warne.
Maybe so, but I was just pointing out that it is impossible to fit three halves into 1. The only way you can have three halves is if they are from 3 different items. What he should have said is that "Gibbs is the other third".

Look...If we're going to have the 'Grammar Police', surely we can have the 'Mathematics police'.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Maybe so, but I was just pointing out that it is impossible to fit three halves into 1. The only way you can have three halves is if they are from 3 different items. What he should have said is that "Gibbs is the other third".

Look...If we're going to have the 'Grammar Police', surely we can have the 'Mathematics police'.
I understood what you were pointing-out; I was just trying to say maybe Rich was saying "Waugh wasn't the other half - Gibbs was".
So then, instead of Warne and Waugh, we've got Warne and Gibbs. Not Warne, Waugh and Gibbs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Want to bet on that?
No, I don't - because I know as well as you that it's perfectly conceivable!
I really hope he doesn't, though. Be an extraordinary coincidence, and people are already making-out it's more than that.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:

Most definitely
:)

"Hersch, youve just dropped the world cup"
"Ryan, youve just let through the Standard Bank Trophy"

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
warney wont get a bowl this morning cause its raining :S but its supposed to clear up this arvo and be fine tommorrow so he should get a few overs in

Mister Wright

SquidAU said:
2/32 after 16 overs......not bad, add to that 1 catch and 11 runs....
Have a look at his LBW on the replay and tell me that he didn't give his old mate Reiffel a 'fiver' before the game.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Have a look at his LBW on the replay and tell me that he didn't give his old mate Reiffel a 'fiver' before the game.
Sorry, have not seen ANY of the match......do they actually telecast the 2nd XI matches? If they do, I need to move to where they have it!

Mister Wright

SquidAU said:
Sorry, have not seen ANY of the match......do they actually telecast the 2nd XI matches? If they do, I need to move to where they have it!
No it isn't televised, doesn't even have live coverage on cricinfo. The replay I saw was on the channel 10 news.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
No it isn't televised, doesn't even have live coverage on cricinfo. The replay I saw was on the channel 10 news.
Yeah i saw the same...