• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo

cnerd123

likes this
TBF that's been the case as far as I can remember. Cricinfo's search function has always been useless and the number of clicks it takes to find a fixtures list is always too many. I just google this stuff now, or rely on forums like PC or CW to keep me up to date.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I never search for anything other than players on cricinfo. Everything else I just find by browsing or rummaging through the archives.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They have a big "Series" tab at the top of the page for fixtures tbf to them.

Should still show up in searches though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I never search for anything other than players on cricinfo. Everything else I just find by browsing or rummaging through the archives.
lack of auto completion/"did you mean (correct spelling of x's name)" is inexplicable. i always use google to do that stuff too because of my terrible spelling.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Have been avoiding it since they decided my location dictated the view I wanted. Im in the US and it was set to Aus for a reason wankers.

I work in web development so it pains me to see what they have done. Give user preferences and honor them. Don't force mobile view. The list goes on...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah whenever I want to actually find something on cricinfo, I type my search query into google with cricinfo on the end of it. Even players. Their search function is absolutely ****.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Confession time - I recently bought a MacBook because I was so pissed off with, amongst other sites, cricinfo - thought it was a total waste of time to start with as Safari was even worse than IE had been on my Windows machine (which was only about a year old) - however fatt then got so fed up with my whinging he snatched the thing from me and downloaded Chrome for me - still struggling to get used to the idea but cricinfo is absolutely fine now