• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo

watson

Banned
Just submitted the following in Cricinfo's 'Feedback' section;

The layout of the new web browser is unitelligible and the worst of any website I've seen for a long time. In fact it is so bad that I can't be bothered visiting Cricinfo any longer. The old layout was brilliant, but the new one was obviously developed by a team of incompetents.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to say that I have never been so relieved to have started a thread in my entire time here. The reassuarnce that I am not simply a luddite who can't deal with change is very welcome

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Where there is any redesign, I prefer to be able to switch to an older design format for browsing if I want to. I understand it is not always possible to do, but having two 'skins' shouldn't be an impossible thing either for ESPN. A pity is, the ESPN NBA website is quite good.

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Mobile site sticks, even using my tablet I get redirected to it, I used to use Opera and had it set to always request desktop site but at cricinfo and only cricinfo I get a "you need to calibrate your compass" pop up that can't be closed. And yeah trying to find live scores is a pain, well trying to find anything on the mobile version is a pain.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The app is useless for finding past matches and stuff, it's basically built for live scores and users with few requirements.

I'd be fine with that if I could view the scorecard or a players profile on my browser on the full site, but when I click on a link from google it brings me to the mobile site. When I click on full site it ****ing goes back to the homepage. It's a **** of a thing to use atm.

Daemon

**** those greedy corporate suit and tie wearing mother****ers (sitting around in air conditioned rooms)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It's still struggling that they debuted this new theme days before the WC. People hating a re-design but then getting used to it is such an established thing on the internet, so they ignore this history?

anyway im not used to it yet. reading less content tbh
Yeah, like most people I typically hate redesigns and then get used to it. Knowing that still doesnt change my opinion that Cricinfo doesnt just look terrible but is really difficult to navigate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Main issue is navigation, yeah. If I need 4 minutes to find out where to get the news after opening the site, I would rather not more often than not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Takes an age to get to the scorecard, not great when you're trying to open it discreetly in work

Also what's happened to that desktop scorecard they used to do? Or maybe I'm just not looking properly

Mobile has been a nightmare for an age

jan

State Vice-Captain
Takes an age to get to the scorecard, not great when you're trying to open it discreetly in work

Also what's happened to that desktop scorecard they used to do? Or maybe I'm just not looking properly

Mobile has been a nightmare for an age
Really? I uninstalled the app once the redesign happened and keep using only the mobile webpage.

harsh.ag

The biggest issue is getting the menu bar from earlier, for which you have to go to some other page. The live scorecard doesn't have it either. And the videos are just a pile of dung. Once a match is over and a week has gone by, good luck getting the scorecard without going through 4 pages at least.

flibbertyjibber

Awful, hate it.

Why when I am looking for a county scorecard do I have to search so much for it because of all the IPL crap they shove on there which takes priority in their eyes?

RossTaylorsBox

I wonder if there's an opportunity for another site to break up the ESPNCricinfo monopoly. Guess they would need to hire a bunch of good journos though.