• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have seen Munaf Patel bowl !

AjitAgarkar

Cricket Spectator
I saw Munaf play in the Kenstar trophy and for Mumbai in this season's ranji trophy.

Munaf is fast -- not Shoaib Akthar speed that is over 150 kph but he is quite often over the 140 kph.

When he first came to Mumbai, he was all speed and nothing else. But he has improved his accuracy since and swings the ball well.
He does have a blistering yorker though.
He is also difficult to face sometimes because of the lift he extracts -- he is six feet four, so he is taller than any fast bowler we have had for a long time.

I don't think he is ready to play international cricket yet -- but after some more improvement, he should be ready.
I think he's going to Australia for further training in April, so I hope that helps make him even better.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good to hear mate.

By the way, what is your real name, and how come you are so 'influential' when it comes to Indian Domestic Cricket?

Munaf looks quite promising, but seriously, he's all 'hype' at the moment.

NikhilN

International Regular
GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have met Sachin tendulkar tons of times! beat that! I have even played with tendulkar

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Why the smart ass reply?

Anyway, living in Australia I haven't heard much about Munaf Patel and am unfamiliar with the hype. How old is he?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
When I first saw him in action v/s NZ, he was bowling quite well, without giving much room. Couldn't tell how fast, since there were no speedguns. He did get good match figures. His bowling improved with the series against Sri Lanka A. In the Kenstar series, he bowled rubbish, but recovered well. Hopefully, he'll make good use of his pace, unlike Stef Harmison. This will improve the Indians' chances of taking wickets a great deal. He's an aggressive bowler and gets good bounce, but he should not overuse it. He's capable of getting wickets even on flat decks, unlike all other Indian fast (?) bowlers, so he should be in the frame for national selection, though he should play more A-team matches first. Not to mention he has to improve his fielding and batting- we cannot afford another Ashish Nehra.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
did you see mohammed irshaad bowl in the kenstar tournament. he played a single game in the tournament against sri lanka A. reportedly the quickest bowler in the tournament. dont get this guy mixed up with mohammed khalil.

anyway how quick did you reckon he was?