• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sky sports showing coverage of only indiaU-19 WORLD CUP games,wat a let down

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
I have heard from a reliable source that Sky Sports are ONLY showing India matches at the under-19 world cup in Bangladesh. I have e-mailed them and told them what a disgrace it is to neglect Pakistan matches and told them to rectify the situation.

i am comletely disgraced with skysports favourtism on a particular team for the icc u-19 cricket world cup-india.they will only be showing indias group games for the british public,i thought theres more british pakistanis than british indian so y r they jus showing "india's" group games although they will be showing semis and final.

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS,LET DOWN FOR CRICKET OR NOT?DISGRACE OR NOT?

I think a Petition is in order, as this is taking the ****!
guys email skysports to let them no ur views on this,and can rectify more probs like this in future

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: sky sports showing coverage of only indiaU-19 WORLD CUP games,semis and the final

hyounis786 said:
i thought theres more british pakistanis than indian pakistanis

Obviously?? :cool2:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sky Sports is a profit-making company and all its motivation is based on what will make the most profit - I really don't think that any criticism of their actions as against the best interests of cricket is legitimate.

And statistically:

Breakdown for England and Wales

Those who say they are white:
White British: 87.5%
White Irish: 1.2%
White other: 2.6%
Those who say they are Asian:
Indian: 2%
Pakistani: 1.4%
Bangladeshi: 0.5%
Other Asian: 0.5%
Those who say they are black:
Caribbean: 1.1%
African: 0.9%
Other Black: 0.2%
Those who say they are mixed race:
White/Black Caribbean 0.5%
White/Asian 0.4%
Other mixed 0.3%
Other ethnicities
Chinese: 0.4%
Other ethnic groups: 0.4%

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im happy that they are showing at least some of the matches...

After all they are under no obligation to show anything are they?? They will show whats financially right for them..

Rich2001

International Captain
They are showing the Semi-Finals and the Final as well mate, so just hope your team makes it that far and you can watch two of the matches.

They are showing only 3 Indian matches so if India dont make the semis they will get just as much coverage as a couple of other teams.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im ecstatic Sky are showing India v Pak... That came out the blue!! Should be an amazing spectacle if it goes ahead..

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Im ecstatic Sky are showing India v Pak... That came out the blue!! Should be an amazing spectacle if it goes ahead..
one would expect pak v india on sky as it is crickets strongest rivalry by far.

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Rich2001 said:
They are showing the Semi-Finals and the Final as well mate, so just hope your team makes it that far and you can watch two of the matches.

They are showing only 3 Indian matches so if India dont make the semis they will get just as much coverage as a couple of other teams.
if u clearly read my post,u can c i hav mentioned that they will be showing semis and final.:D

regards

pakistan1

Cricket Spectator
i Am sorry to dissapoiny you all but sky sports are not showing the Pakistan Vs India series.It will be exclusive on Ary digital

pakistan1

Cricket Spectator
Phone SKY on 08702 404040 and ask them if you dont believe me.

But just to let you know i am ticked off they are not showing it aswell.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
OK, phoned them...

It appears it is being shown...but the person was rubbish, the line was rubbish, I can't tell for sure...