• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Elite Umpires Panel

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Just a thought that has been on my mind for a while guys and was wondering what your answers would be.

If you were the ICC and were choosing the Elite Panel Of Umpires, who would you choose?

Remember there must be 8 members of the Panel preferably from each of the Test Playing Nations.

My Panel would be:

Simon Taufel (Australia)
David Shepherd (England)
Venkat (India)
Steve Bucknor (West Indies)
Rudi Koertzen (South Africa)
Brent Bowden (New Zealand)
Dave Orchard (South Africa)
Russell Tiffin (Zimbabwe)

As you can see, my Panel doesn't differ too greatly from the Panel that is already in place but I think Simon Taufel should be on it.

What do you guys think??

[Edited on 6/14/02 by Neil Pickup]

Kimbo

International Debutant
what kind of question is that? of course she means him- what other top umpire would be called venkat