• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India shouldn't go to Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I was looking forward to the series against Pakistan. But I just got thinking. It won't be safe for the Indians at all. They shouldn't go there. I don't want to sound politically incorrect but the fact is Pakistan is a very unstable place and there are terrorist organisations running amok. The president of the country himself has had 2-3 assassination attempts. If they cannot keep their president safe, how are they going to keep the Indians safe? I also just heard in the news about some **** nuclear scientist sharing know-how with libya and iran. These things don't sound good. India should not tour pakistan.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well if not now, will they ever be safe touring??

Im not sure, but its going to be a huge security operation if this tour goes ahead..

In all honesty, in can see it being played in Sharjah in a years time or something like that...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am sure a lot of people will have different views on whether India should tour Pakistan for various reasons, political, security etc. I see the discussion going more out of the cricket domain and think its much better to discuss about the series than whether the team should travel. I personally hate such discussions like should England go to Zimbabwe or should India go to Pakistan.

What we may discuss is how the ICC and respective boards handled the issue like it was mismanaged during the last world cup. I dont see any point discussing whether the team should travel or not. Others may obviously have differing views on this and may discuss it.

masterblaster

International Captain
I tend to agree with you all here,

As much as I would love to see a India v Pakistan series, I feel that Pakistan in itself is too unstable for the Pakistani people let alone the Indian team.

Terror cells in Pakistan have threatened to kidnap Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar before and completely jeopardise their personal and private security. Hell even their own president Pervez Musharraf has been a terrorist target lately.

For me, humanity and player safety comes first, cricket comes later. And I dont care what any 'cricket fan' has to say about that.

If Pakistan can prove to be a safe and civilised place to tour, then fine, it should go ahead. But at the moment, where even New Zealand cricketer's recently wern't safe, imagine, the Arch-Enemy; India's players.

I very much doubt, they will be in safe hands.....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
there are terrorists in Australia atm, maybe India shoudn't have toured....

ok Pakistan might be a little more serious but with appropriate security measures i dont see why this tour cant happen

Salamuddin

International Debutant
age_master said:
there are terrorists in Australia atm, maybe India shoudn't have toured....

ok Pakistan might be a little more serious but with appropriate security measures i dont see why this tour cant happen
Didn't Australia refuse to tour Pakistan in 2002 -- citing safety reasons ?

FRAZ

International Captain
Why not India just tour Pakistan . To prove that they are cricket super power . They are the best in the world right now . After the Australian test series there were polls and this and that , and every Indian writer suggested perhaps this is the time to Go to Pakistan to go and Whip their A$$. What happened to their integrity right after the VB series . Why not this thread was started when Pakistan was struggling against Bangladesh and India was well so called dominating Aussies in the test series . What a narrow minded strategy these people have . What happened to Kiwis , South Africans , and Bangladeshis . Ask Chris Cairns that what happened in Pakistan ????

yohanna

Banned
These kind of thread often turns ugly, infact sometimes these kinds of thread are started just for mudslinging and to show how a certain country is uncivilized.

Terror cells in Pakistan have threatened to kidnap Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar before and completely jeopardise their personal and private security But at the moment, where even New Zealand cricketer's recently wern't safe, imagine, the Arch-Enemy; India's players.
These kind of fiction (kidnapping of Sachin) are No LONGER carried out by Indian papers . Also Indian players can't be MORE at risk (as portrayed by MB) simply coz Al-qaida elements are after western nationals, President Pervaiz is top at list coz he's an important ally of West.Indians and Bangladeshi nationals simply doesn't interest these kind of Terrorists , so i'm very much certain that Indian player won't face much trouble from these group of terrorists.

I also just heard in the news about some **** nuclear scientist sharing know-how with libya and iran. These things don't sound good
Certainly it doesn't sound good but what has it to do with the security of Indian team? If the tour get cancelled (highly unlikely) ten reason might be given by the Indian officials for it but i'm sure they wouldn't even touch the nuclear subject!

Im not sure, but its going to be a huge security operation if this tour goes ahead.In all honesty, in can see it being played in Sharjah in a years time or something like that...
They will be provided security which is normally reserved for the head of the state, infact the Indian security experts are in Pakistan to judge the situation.
Pakistan will not play home series away from home, they made the mistake once they aren't going to make it again.NZ,SA,SL and Bangladesh all have played in Pak,even if India doesn't play the matches, other teams will play in future.

I remember the '99 series that was played in India.There were death threaths to Pakistani players from Indian extremist (Bal thakery and his gang) who even dug up the pitch and tried to terrified Akram's men by saying that if they do come over to India they will be attacked with snakes.The then P.M asked Akram whether he was willing to tour and Akram took a brave decision and went ahead.
However just because Pakistani players took risks and went to India doesn't mean that Indian players should do endanger their lives(if they feel that way).However i'm confident that the series will go ahead and there will be no terrorists incident (though ugly crowd behaviour is likely).Not only that, many Indian fans are going to cross the border and watch the match in stadium.The reason i'm positive is that the decision is in the hands of Indian govt.In the last 14 years Indian players wanted to play in Pak but the got was againt it, now the players are reluctant but since the govt is keen to see the tour go through, i think it will.

yohanna

Banned
jamesryfler said:
Didn't Australia refuse to tour Pakistan in 2002 -- citing safety reasons ?
Two things here, no team had played in Pak after the sep 11 incident (till then) as such the situation was very uncertain for any team.

Also the Al-Qaida elements are after the western nationals, so Australian team was at risk.Frankly then i was in complete agreement with Aus cricket board decision.

yohanna

Banned
FRAZ said:
Uglier than Eden Gardens and Chennai
Whether its uglier or not, we need to do something about it.Just because it happened Eden garden doesn't mean we can justify such behavior happening in future in any way.

From what i've read, Ganguly is still willing to tour Pak .We must understand that Indian players have some concern and hopefully the report by Indian security delegation will remove some of the pressure from the players.If the Indian security delegation is not happy with the arrangements then it will be fair to call off the tour.

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
FRAZ said:
Why not India just tour Pakistan . To prove that they are cricket super power . They are the best in the world right now .
Definately another amits......GET REAL MATEE..wake up....best in the worLD? CERTAINLY DIDN"T LOOK LIKE IT YESTERDAY! for crying out loud, a few good matches against a great team MINUS their TWO most important bowling resources in warne and mcgrath...and they think their the best...seriously, think about it..just because india won a test...then lost a test..then drew a test, does NOT make them better than australia! it was 1-1...If bangladesh beat australia in a test, and lost one and drew one..so that the series is 1-1..does that mean bangladesh is the best side in the world? NO! it just means they had a good test match,australia had a bad test match...simple as that

Choora

State Regular
deeps said:
If bangladesh beat australia in a test, and lost one and drew one..so that the series is 1-1..does that mean bangladesh is the best side in the world? NO! it just means they had a good test match,australia had a bad test match...simple as that
Rubbish! India were the better team in the test series, it wasn't just a case of one match. And if Aus didn't had McGrath (warne's ommision hardly mattered against India), then India missed Srintah (who had to retire coz of his ill health) and Zaheer Khan in the series.

However India cannot be considered as the number team (even if they had beaten Aus) because you need to do well for a consederable period of time against most of the team of the world to be recognized as the ebst in the world.

So far only Aus have done it!

deeps

International 12th Man
Choora said:
India missed Srintah (who had to retire coz of his ill health) and Zaheer Khan in the series.
you can't include srinath in that list, he has retired..not injured... for whatever reason he retired, he retired... however i agree with the fact that zaheer was missing..and i also understand the fact that zaheer means as much to india, as mcgrath means to australia...however mcgrath had more of a chance of turning the series then zaheer

In the first test (wash-out), when the game finished, the game was pretty even, if slightly in favour of india

The second test, india outplayed australia, except for the first day..so full marks to india.......laxman dravid and agarkar in particular

the third test, australia completely outplayed india, full marks to the aussies

the final test was fairly even, but slightly towards australia...i know this is going 2 cause controversy, but india never really were going to win that test... unless a bowler started bowling superbly etc.. HOwever australia did have a chance to win, if ganguly had taken up the challenge...

and that epotimises the series...the captaincy of sourav ganguly on the final day of the final test... IF HE HIMSELF believed that india were the better team, and had what it takes to beat australia, he would have taken up the challenge, and tried to WIN the test..insttead, he was happy to play out the whole match, and draw the match... For some1 who is often considered arrogant and pig-headed to not have the confidence to go for a win, it says alot

the series was equal, india played some brilliant cricket in patches, as did australia..neither team was dominant over the entire series... india impressed immensly, and did ALOT more than expected...but in the end,they only equalled australia, not beat them...

India DO NOT have a claim for the best side in the world, as one good test,or even one good series doesn't mean too much... If they can consistently beat the best sides in the world, they YES they do have a claim

Deja moo

International Captain
Fraz"""What happened to Kiwis , South Africans , and Bangladeshis . Ask Chris Cairns that what happened in Pakistan ????
Bangladesh need all the cricket they can get, they are hardly high-profile enough to be targets..

Well, if you ask Chris cairns what happened, he'll probably reply that what happened was an explosion right in front og the hotel where the NZL team wa staying.:)

FRAZ

International Captain
orangepitch said:
Bangladesh need all the cricket they can get, they are hardly high-profile enough to be targets..

Well, if you ask Chris cairns what happened, he'll probably reply that what happened was an explosion right in front og the hotel where the NZL team wa staying.:)
Samr Chris Cairns said recently that it was a wonderful experience to visit Pakistan , And there was no security concern .. So you are also the one from the category who saw the VB final and then passed the same comment .............And you know what its hilarious .

Deja moo

International Captain
.. So you are also the one from the category who saw the VB final and then passed the same comment .............And you know what its hilarious .

It certainly is hilarious that you can make such biased sweeping generalizations about all Indians based on a few individuals.

you know what? you're a racist.

Sure your mom may be Indian, and your granny British, but the way you paint all Indians with one brush makes you a racist nonetheless.

One doesnt necessarily have to be of another race to be labelled a racist. If I were caught making the sort of implications you make, even though it may be about my own people, that would still make for a racist.

shankar

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
Uglier than Eden Gardens and Chennai
What happened in chennai?!!!! Was the standing ovation they gave to pakistan team after the test match and the ovation they gave to saeed anwar for breaking the WR unsporting and ugly ?

Andre

International Regular
FRAZ said:
I am certainly not racist at all . I really am not . You know what I hate today's media because ,Every country's media is making them racist about others for no reason . And I am racist about Indin media . And I am telling it right now . Because I never found any truth in it to be honest . Other wise India has great things And wonderful things which I have never seen any other country . I love India but yes I am racist to Indian media . I love Indian People cuz from heart they are quite nice but they become blind when ever they talk Pakistan . And they are just blindfolded due to media . And you know what the whole venom of non visiting Pakistan is created by Indian media , And I can prove it . Any ways I dont wanna start any thing , Sorry . But you know what It was you who first tried to talk and offend me, But any ways . its fine now Iguess.
FRAZ: Consider this another official warning.

For the past few weeks, all you've done is niggle forum members, attempt to start flame wars and in general make a nusiance of yourself.

Please - get back to the cricket. This is your second warning.

PS: Don't bother starting an arguement with me about it - you have been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.