• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India shouldn't go to Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fraz - If at all you are going to 'quote' my post again, please quote in its entirety. I said 'millitant & intolerant attitude of Some Pakistanis'. You carefully chose to omit the word 'SOME'.

Next time you create a hysteria over such posts, Please make sure you read it fully and understand it.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, My apologies to all those Pakistanis who were offended by the that Term. I never thought of that as an offensive term. I will be careful.

I will edit my posts.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sanz - no problem - it's a term derived from the 'soccer hooligan' mentality which is unfortunately a little too uncommon on these shores. Multiculturalism and that.

And the post is unfortunately and undeniably a point of fact. There are extremist minorities in all countries - some more manifest than others.

Whilst I cannot comment on the legitimacy of the second sentence (I was 4 when the Srikkanth incident occurred), the point is that the militancy and intolerance of some Pakistanis (and Indians) hurts global cricket development. It also manifests itself in football here.

It's hardly inflammatory. It is easy to take a post out of context when you misquote - it seems as if you are trying to make it seem like everyone is against you.

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned

i always use the term ****. I have friends from pakistan and i use it w/ them too, they dont care. Its just short for pakistani

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
^That's right. My sentiments would have been same for an Indian if he said similar stuff shooting some cricketer.

As for the Krish Shrikkanth's incident, It is well known that he was attacked by a spectator on the ground during Karachi Test.

http://www.ecb.co.uk/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2001/JUL/173090_IND_23JUL2001.html

When India played their last Test series in Pakistan in 1989-90, a religious party activist attacked then-Indian captain Krishnamachari Srikanth during the Karachi Test. Srikkanth though was unscathed as security personnel arrested the attacker.

http://www.dawn.com/2001/06/28/spt4.htm

....the Indians had a bitter experience of playing in Karachi when on their previous tour, a spectators jumped fences and allegedly attacked touring skipper Kris Srikkanth with a knife.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/jan2004-daily/02-01-2004/sports/s14.htm

When India toured Pakistan in 1989, its captain Kris Srikkanth was accosted on the field and had his shirt ripped by a spectator during the Karachi Test.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
wow that's tough choice as a player when you have to decide to catch the ball or to run from a person chasing you with a knife. but under security i think everything will be ok, probably they wont play in karachi. I think SA and NZ opted out as well from karachi.

deeps

International 12th Man
Sanz said:
People like you are the sole reason why Ganguly and other teams don't want to go there. The militant and intolerant attitude of some pakistanis is really hurting the entire country.

Last Time Ganguly Tour Pakistan and won a match for India, half of the Stadium was destroyed. Last time India played a test Series, Indian captain was chased with a knife.
oh my god, wat is rong with u? I think MOST sane ppl are smart and intelligent enough to know that it was a joke! lighten up!

and the same goes for marc49849845036165 or watever it is

FRAZ

International Captain
THESE "SOME" PEOPLE even dug up the dehli pitch . And they also burnt the stands . And where in the hell Ganguly was tried to be stabbed . some one tried to get cheap media attention , so that people make him take his words back in his throat . These some people gave death threats to some Players too . But those players still visited India . And by the way if you talk about this so called terrorism , Then in Pakistan the death rate due to terrorism is lower than most of the countries . Pakistani players were even targeted in South Africa and Westindies . My question is when in the hell any player was attacked in Pakistan . If they cry about the Newzealand incident , Then first of all dont compare themselves with KIWIS . They are not sufisticated like Kiwis . And kiwis were not attacked , It was some one else who was attacked . Watch your own TV shows where cricketers are shown like fighters and they are regarded as super natural men who can go and win any where . Then go to "anywhere" and try to play . Dont remember the incidents with others . just remember yourself and your own experiences . Remembering one's own victories and one's own this's and that's is insane . And I know I am right and now dont try to extract any point out of my post like a cheap struggling common law lawer . Cuz I know I am right

yohanna

Banned
I told you guys earlier in my first post that such thread turns ugly, infact the basic purpose of such thread is Bashing Pakistan.I think moderators should have a closer look at what some people are upto in this thread.

If I were Sourav Ganguly, I for sure as hell wouldn't go to Pakistan under the current political situation.....
Thank God you aren't Ganguly!

People like you are the sole reason why Ganguly and other teams don't want to go there. The militant and intolerant attitude of some pakistanis is really hurting the entire country.
For this guys kind info, Deeps is an Aussie. Such people who can't even figure out others should have analyze their own attitude and that of their own countrymen!

Last Time Ganguly Tour Pakistan and won a match for India, half of the Stadium was destroyed. Last time India played a test Series, Indian captain was chased with a knife.
A phrase comes in mind "people who lives in glass houses....

Why kind such people understand that their own country isn't the perfect place to play cricket in the first place. India, the only country in the world where the cricket match was disrupted three times in a row due to unruly crowd behavior (the last series agsint WI).

There are some other incidents, that involves Pak and its players being attacked in India. In '87 Imran Khan ordered his men to wear helmet while fielding near the boundary to escape serious injury from the crowd that was bent on stoning the players.(you can watch the match on videos)

Hanif Mohd hand was cut by a knife by an Indian who posed as a fan and someone interested in getting Hanif's autograph.

Then the last tour when the whole stadium was emptied(not just some section of crowd) so that the match b/w Ind-Pak can be completed.

Its a shame that some people come up with inflamatory posts.We should wait till the Indian security experts submit their reports to the Indian govt about players safety in Pak.If the secuity experts aren't happy with the arrangements, then the tour should indeed be called off!

Andre

International Regular
Ok, this thread is just a little too politically sensitive - it can only go one way from here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.