• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly to Gilchrist- you're not as innocent as you look

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Williams showed his comical face to Ganguly from a safe distance because he was scared of ganguly :D Ganguly would have smashed him if he got any closer :lol:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kenny, The fact remains that Martyn complained and Gangs didn't. So Gilchrist should stop giving morality lessons to Indians.

V Reddy

International Debutant
'Irfan Pathan was reacting to Martyn's taunts'

HYDERABAD : Did Australian batsman Damien Martyn provoke Irfan Pathan Jr in the now infamous incident that took place during the second final of the Tri-series at Sydney ? Well, according to manager of the Indian team N Shivlal Yadav it was so. While Pathan was reprimanded by ICC match referee Clive Lloyd, nothing was heard about Martyn's role in it.

Shivlal told The Times of India here on Tuesday, hours after landing with the Indian team, that Pathan had just responded to the taunts made by Martyn earlier in the innings. "Martyn had said something to Pathan and that was why Pathan responded in that manner. Pathan is a young man and as such was carried away by the occasion. I don't think there was a necessity for making it such a big issue," the former off-spinner said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/488729.cms

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Kenny said:
You Indians imagine how you'd all be feeling if Glenn McGrath or Jason Gillespie clapped in Tendulkar or Dravid's face when they got out.......you'd all be calling for suspensions and so forth!!!
We wonld be because those players don't sledge others while the Aussie team does. When you do it to others , youv'e got to take it too :saint:

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This thread seems to be simply a case of some indian supoorters finding something to whinge about after there heavy defeats.

Im not sure what the whole fuss about the Pathan issue is- he was reprimanded of the referee, which is hardly a big deal. I doubt williams et al would be that peturbed if they received such a slap on the wrist. Im also fairly sure that if an aussie player was reprimanded for doing something similar no one on this board would care about it much at all- its no big deal.

The thing that most irritates me, however, is the way many people are comparing this incident with other, totally unrelated ones. Im not sure what relevence brett lee or brad williams have to the pathan incident. To say that there is a double standard merely shows naivity- for one, no one knows exactly what pathan said to martyn when he gave him his send off. A lot of people seem to be speaking about these incidents with a deluded sense of certainty, but the fact is the only people that know what actually went on were those involved.

When leaping to the defence of a player (ie pathan), saying thathe is hard done by because there are other players have done worse things is a weak and essentially flawed argument.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
I've really enjoyed this Australian summer of cricket - and that enjoyment has been enhanced by the gamesmanship from both sides. At times both teams have crossed the line into poor sportsmanship.

The one thing that really irks me about what has gone on is those players that haven't left it on the field - and in this instance it appears to be Damien Martyn.

This sort of behaviour smacks of being able to give it but not take it, and no one likes to see that from a team they support, I know I don't. I would hope that in future Ricky Ponting will take matters like this into his own hands, like Ganguly did during the series.