• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bradmans' 254

Deja moo

International Captain
very recently, I watched a video of Bradman's innings of 254 on a local sports channel( highlights, actually).....What struck me was that not one delivery rose above knee level.

Were all pitches/bowlers like that in those days?

Is this how Bradman accumulated all those runs?

Deja moo

International Captain
Seriously once I guess that was Lille or may be any other Aussie , In the Lunch break he took a red apple and hid it in his pocket and after the break he bowled the first bowl with that apple , Apple Rose up unexpectidly ,Then splited into two halfs and one bowled the batsman and the other half plumbed him in front .....
Irrelevant....Lillee in the 70's, bradman in the 30-40's.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
orangepitch said:
very recently, I watched a video of Bradman's innings of 254 on a local sports channel( highlights, actually).....What struck me was that not one delivery rose above knee level.

Were all pitches/bowlers like that in those days?

Is this how Bradman accumulated all those runs?
Did you catch any highlights of the bodyline series ? nothing was knee high about that series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That pitch must have been a pretty good one - because every shot went exactly where he aimed it.
Even he couldn't have done that if balls were whizzing all over everywhere.
You got far fewer good wickets in those days, but you did get them (eg at The Oval in 1938 - sadly for Don, he didn't get the chance thanks to a broken shin *cringes*)

Deja moo

International Captain
Fraz:

Ok dont read it

what are you getting offended for?:O

What relation would a pitch in the 30's have with one in the 70's?

What relation would Lillee have wth bowlers in the 30's?

Deja moo

International Captain
Another irrelevent comment . Those pitches were atleast better than Dug up Feroz Shah Kotla stadium pitch .... Get it................

does anyone else think too tht this felow is beginning to make less and less sense?:rolleyes: