• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best number 6 batsman in Tests right now?

Bouncer

State Regular
U know what even in the current Indian Batting lineup i would like him to Bat above 6 like before gangully

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bouncer said:
U know what even in the current Indian Batting lineup i would like him to Bat above 6 like before gangully
He batted at 5 in the 4th Test and scored 178, so it's likely that he'll keep this position.

Bouncer

State Regular
Hey how about Ajit Agarka, he just scored a non zero innings against Aus.:) If he can be compared to Imran Khan then he deserves a promotion in Batting order.

FRAZ

International Captain
Bouncer said:
Hey how about Ajit Agarka, he just scored a non zero innings against Aus.:) If he can be compared to Imran Khan then he deserves a promotion in Batting order.
Bouncer, Good one . lolol .... What if Pakistan had Ajit Agarkar ....... hilarious . You said it , Otherwise i was gonna say it ...

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
FRAZ said:
Bouncer, Good one . lolol .... What if Pakistan had Ajit Agarkar ....... hilarious . You said it , Otherwise i was gonna say it ...
lmao the "if" agen, y is aa bein compared with the pakistan national team ,he wouldnt even make the pakistan a team neva mind the national team.
:duh:
p.s he dont play for pakistan and him bein linked with pakistan makes me sick,keep him linked with india where he belongs.

Well now you didn't say it had to be test matches, did you? You might have meant it but it's no good expecting people to be clairvoyant.

masterblaster

International Captain
VVS Laxman quite easily.

Michael Clarke?!?!

Michael Clarke?!?!

If that isn't blatant 'blind' bias on your behalf furious_ged, i dont know what is.

He is a very, very impressive young player, but the best number 6?

I rate 'Boof' Lehmann higher than him at the moment mate.

And my reasoning with VVS Laxman isn't my Indian bias mate, he's proved his batting to many people this summer.

Bouncer

State Regular
hyounis786 said:
lmao the "if" agen, y is aa bein compared with the pakistan national team ,he wouldnt even make the pakistan a team neva mind the national team.
Dude there are some Crazy Indian friends on this forum who think that AA is as good if not batter tham Imran, and the reason they say it that AA is having a good second Aus tour compared with his last one:D

...i am just wondering if AA has managed to win any game for India since 1998 (his Debute), on his own, something like where u have to defend a small total and u take some crucial wickets and ur team wins.??????...i am saying this coz there was this medium Pacer (BTW he was as quick as Kapil Dev was ever ) Aamir NAzir that Pak had in early 1990's who won couple of games against WI:lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bouncer said:
Dude there are some Crazy Indian friends on this forum who think that AA is as good if not batter tham Imran,
No one has ever said that, because we know it is quite clearly not true.

Don't try and twist words.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No such thing as a "number (X) batsman"
No-one bats in the same position all the time. Very few bat in the same spot regularly enough to bear comparison.

anzac

International Debutant
Richard said:
No such thing as a "number (X) batsman"
No-one bats in the same position all the time. Very few bat in the same spot regularly enough to bear comparison.

disagree on that one again mate........& strongly

IMO the better Test batting lineups (once settled) are only changed for specific reasons - foremost amongst these would be injuries, followed by tactics (within a match innings), retirements etc........most lineups will experience some change of personnel & order whilst restructuring, esp if any of the above factors are also in effect.........

Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Martyn, Lehmann, S Waugh, Gilchrist
Sehwag, X, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly,
Smith, Gibbs, Kirsten, Kallis,
Trescothick, Vaughan, Butcher, Hussain,
Richardson, x, Fleming, Astle, Styris, McMillan,
Jayasuriya, Attapattu, Sangakarra, Jayawardene, Tillekeratene,
Gayle, Ganga, Chanderpaul, Lara, Sarwan,

IMO these 'cores' have been pretty consistant selections & positions most of the time............

so far as the subject of this thread goes - Laxman would not only rate as the current 'best' No6 in Test cricket, but would possibly rate along with Smith as the current 'best' batsman full stop........

8D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
hyounis786 said:
p.s he dont play for pakistan and him bein linked with pakistan makes me sick,keep him linked with india where he belongs.
He dont play for Pakistan but he made his mark the first time when he toured Pakistan with the India A team swinging the ball late into the batsmen. Certainly showed he is lethal ( :D ) on Pakistani wickets

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
anzac said:
Laxman would not only rate as the current 'best' No6 in Test cricket, but would possibly rate along with Smith as the current 'best' batsman full stop........

8D
Erm, I think there's a few other players who would have a claim for that "best" title!