• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

as you got old....

nibbs

International Captain
Did you find that scores in backyard matches got lower and lower?When I was 10,11,12 in 10 overs I could make 100+ in 10 overs with ease, but as bowling got quicker scores slumped lower and lower before I could only manage to score only just above a run a ball with scores like 70 etc.

was this the way when you played?

nibbs

International Captain
just returned to see if anyone had replied. pretty annoyed to see no one add anything to add

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Definitely found that, nibbs. I think this also occurs because one person batting for ages is a bit boring if it's happening all the time. So usually, innovations such as a half taped cricket ball to make things harder for the batsmen are implemented.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Whaddaya doing Jack? We were all going to wait to see if Nibbs would wait another two years for a response!

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
In this case, not for me. I seem to be getting better with age. the old Glenn Mcgrath Statement

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it might have something to do with the fact that as you grow taller than 5ft and develop a bit of strength bowling the equivalent of 140kph given you're only 10 metres away and going flat out limits response times for the batsman resulting in wickets falling rapidly on what can usually only be described as a 'minefield'.

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, my batting scores have certainly and steadily declined with the passing years. My biggest problem is my creaky knees -- makes running darned difficult.