• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qld vs NSW (ING Cup - Gabba)

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
I went to the Gabba yesterday to witness a wonderful match between the Bulls and the Blues. That Brad Haddin can hit a ball... even from a Queensland fan's perspective this guy played the most entertaining innings of the match. And it was good to see a crowd of 13,000 (even though a lot of free tickets were given away).

I think they should have a lot more of the ING Cup games on Friday nights. It seems to have a "Friday Night Football" sort of atmosphere. Also a lot of people go to the cricket then afterwards since theyre already in the city, go and hit the clubs and pubs.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's an excellent crowd for a domestic game!

We only get like 300, 400 people along to our domestic games :(

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I went to the Gabba yesterday to witness a wonderful match between the Bulls and the Blues. That Brad Haddin can hit a ball... even from a Queensland fan's perspective this guy played the most entertaining innings of the match. And it was good to see a crowd of 13,000 (even though a lot of free tickets were given away).

I think they should have a lot more of the ING Cup games on Friday nights. It seems to have a "Friday Night Football" sort of atmosphere. Also a lot of people go to the cricket then afterwards since theyre already in the city, go and hit the clubs and pubs.
This is the oldest post I can find on CW . There is another one which is much much older (Jan 1970) - before even the idea to concieve most of you was concieved but that thread with THIS solitary post is closed.

Wonder what happened in the 32 years that passed between these posts ?

Is the date of that closed thread post correct since Rik is mentioned as having joined only in September 2002. How did he post in the past ? Was he even born in 1970?

I am mystified :huh:

PS : Wonder what happened to the poster with such a charming name as Sunburnt Spinner

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's spinning yarns on another forum.

Or maybe he just got burnt out.....

Sorry SS, I know its getting worse, just couldn't help it.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
This is the oldest post I can find on CW . There is another one which is much much older (Jan 1970) - before even the idea to concieve most of you was concieved but that thread with THIS solitary post is closed.

Is the date of that closed thread post correct since Rik is mentioned as having joined only in September 2002. How did he post in the past ? Was he even born in 1970?

PS : Wonder what happened to the poster with such a charming name as Sunburnt Spinner
Good searching. But that guy joined in 2002, and made the post in 1969. How did an admin change that?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Actually I have been trying, without luck, to find the first post I ever made on CW and in the process I looked up the oldest threads. :)

morgieb

No, the thread was moved IIRC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually I have been trying, without luck, to find the first post I ever made on CW and in the process I looked up the oldest threads. :)
I once found the oldest post on CW, can't remember where, but you'll forgive my lack of being-aessed-ness to find it again. :) I can, however, easily explain the Rik CC thread (there is another one from Sangrah in OT as well if you look back to the last page there). These threads are of course not really from 1970, they are dated there as a result of some form of technical fault. Andre tried moving threads from one forum to another but messed something up somewhere, so as a result posts which were actually made in 2002 are dated 1970.

The internet barely existed in 1970, and certainly not as we know it today. CW only came into existence in 2001. I do often wonder when the first things that could reasonably be classed as "forums" (ie, open to any internet user to post their own text on-the-spot) were created though. The CW forums and CricInfo forums (which I used from their inception) appeared at the same time and they're the earliest I've ever found, but I've read of other earlier ones, so 2001 seems not to be the significant date.

morgieb

I once found the oldest post on CW, can't remember where, but you'll forgive my lack of being-aessed-ness to find it again. :) I can, however, easily explain the Rik CC thread (there is another one from Sangrah in OT as well if you look back to the last page there). These threads are of course not really from 1970, they are dated there as a result of some form of technical fault. Andre tried moving threads from one forum to another but messed something up somewhere, so as a result posts which were actually made in 2002 are dated 1970.

The internet barely existed in 1970, and certainly not as we know it today. CW only came into existence in 2001. I do often wonder when the first things that could reasonably be classed as "forums" (ie, open to any internet user to post their own text on-the-spot) were created though. The CW forums and CricInfo forums (which I used from their inception) appeared at the same time and they're the earliest I've ever found, but I've read of other earlier ones, so 2001 seems not to be the significant date.
Yeah Cricketgames.com forums are older I think.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah I found CW through CricketGames not long after it started, it actually took me a while to sign up because there was not much happening and not many people here. Started off strictly as an ICC forum IIRC

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You know, excluding the boss, there's only 1 member left who still posts accross the board (Graham Banks still posts and he registered before you, but remarkably all he's ever posted in is the ICC forum and for a time in WCC) who was here before you, Andrew Garven. You have served CW impressively, bryce.

BTW, I nominate this thread be renamed "*Official* Australian domestic season 2001/02". :p

bryce

International Regular
You know, excluding the boss, there's only 1 member left who still posts accross the board (Graham Banks still posts and he registered before you, but remarkably all he's ever posted in is the ICC forum and for a time in WCC) who was here before you, Andrew Garven. You have served CW impressively, bryce.
Yea I used to play ICC with agemaster in '01 when we joined CW, I was 14 then ha

morgieb

Yeah I found CW through CricketGames not long after it started, it actually took me a while to sign up because there was not much happening and not many people here. Started off strictly as an ICC forum IIRC
Nice comeback, bra.