• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8 Cricket Records You Won’t Believe Actually Exist!

midge

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
:-O Even for a die-hard cricket fan its difficult to believe that these/ some of these records are true! This video is a treat for every passionate cricket fan!

Did it surprise you?

midge

For me, Wilfred Rhodes playing in 1,110 first-class matches, scoring 39,969 runs and taking 4,204 wickets was the most unbelievable thing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Guys, how many of you knew that cricket was part of Olympics?
I was sort of aware of it.

If my memory serves the "French" team consisted entirely of English expats. I've a suspicion they may even have been diplomatic staff from the British embassy in Paris, but I could've imagined that part.

midge

I was sort of aware of it.

If my memory serves the "French" team consisted entirely of English expats. I've a suspicion they may even have been diplomatic staff from the British embassy in Paris, but I could've imagined that part.
You are right. The French team, the French Athletic Club Union, comprised mainly British expatriates living in Paris. While the British side was a touring club, the Devon and Somerset Wanderers (alias Devon County Wanderers). Interestingly, the match was formally recognized as being an Olympic contest in 1912.

midge

Whenever I think of Bradman's 5028 runs against England, I start imagining how would have England players felt when Don used to come to the crease.