• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moores set for the sack

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well could never understand how he got the job back anyway.

This had no basis in anything but I really want Hussain, as great as he is in the box I think English cricket needs him to do more.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well could never understand how he got the job back anyway.

This had no basis in anything but I really want Hussain, as great as he is in the box I think English cricket needs him to do more.
I could cope with that on one level, as he'd give one or two of them a massive wake-up call. You'd think that under-achieving wouldn't be tolerated as readily as it is now.

Problem is he doesn't have a scrap of relevant experience of the job. Dizzy, otoh ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gotta go down as one of the ****test coaches of all time. Two horrible stints.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
How can he have sacked Moores yet? He hasn't even gotten the job!
"I landed at CE HQ for my interview on 07/05/15, and it was immediately apparent to me from walking into the presentation room that there was a fundamental disconnect between Moores and the players."

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This Moores fellow freaks me out a little. Stands or sits there quietly. Coldly even. Looks at the data. Doesn't like it. Doesn't analyses it well. He does send field placings to Cook though. How will Cook captain now I wonder.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The BBC website is reporting that Moores is as "positive and bubbly" as ever. Not sure that there's much to brag about there. He'd make a Butlins Redcoat depressed inside two minutes.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jonathan Agnew @Aggerscricket
So Strauss has not been appointed to anything but ECB leaking he has sacked Moores without Moores knowing. Embarrassing. Worse than Mediocre

ecb gonna ecb

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jonathan Agnew @Aggerscricket
So Strauss has not been appointed to anything but ECB leaking he has sacked Moores without Moores knowing. Embarrassing. Worse than Mediocre

ecb gonna ecb
it's a metaphor.