• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best late Batting Order.

FRAZ

International Captain
In my view South Africa and Pakistan have the best Late order . And my ranking is as followed
1. Pakistan
2. South AFrica.
3.Australia.
4.Zimbabwe
5.Newzeland
6.England
7.India
8.Srilanka
9.WestIndies
I ranked Pakistan first because they have Batsmen like , Moin , RAzzaq , Shoaib Malik , Azhar and Sami bating lately . And how many times we have seen top order flopping and late order recovering . South Africans with some Geuine Allrounders batting are ranked second, Never underestimate Aussies. and also How many times Zimbabwe recoverd from 100/6 to 220 all out just because of Streak Taibu and 1 or 2 other tail enders ...... Now please Indians dont make it personal they are lacking hard hitters which they really need ...

Bouncer

State Regular
Pak do have astrong late order Batting line up but i do wish that it wouldbe better if it was other way around with stronger top order.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
In my view South Africa and Pakistan have the best Late order . And my ranking is as followed
1. Pakistan
2. South AFrica.
3.Australia.
4.Zimbabwe
5.Newzeland
6.England
7.India
8.Srilanka
9.WestIndies
West indies last?

FRAZ

International Captain
Re: Re: The best late Batting Order.

Armadillo said:
West indies last?
Some one gotta be last Windies are not bad choice to be at no: 9:D

Last edited:
I really can't believe anyone could be silly enough to write all in caps. I mean, the first thing I would notice looking at what I have written is that it is in caps.

FRAZ

International Captain
furious_ged said:
I really can't believe anyone could be silly enough to write all in caps. I mean, the first thing I would notice looking at what I have written is that it is in caps.
Dont even think of doing this to me .... Yeah ...... ask any one else in the forum before doing it ........You wanna read then read . you dont want, then get out ..... How many languages you know ? Are you perfect at every one ?????

iamdavid

International Debutant
Calm down FRAZ he was joking.

I actually think that Zimbabwe , New Zealand & South Africa all have better tails than Pakistan (assuming this covers positions 8-11)

There are a few pretty strong ones going around.
Zimbabwe-
Streak (came in at 8 v Australia in the tests , likely the best #8 in the world) , Ervine (came in at 9 , will likely bat at 5 from now on though) , Blignaut (fearsome hitter , best #10 in the world) , Ray Price (opens the batting in domestic cricket , sound technique , best #11 in the world)

South Africa-
Pollock (accomplished batsman with a few 100's & a 30+ average) , Boje (likewise , 2 ODI hundreds to his name , great striker of the ball) , Ntini (bunny) , Nel (feret).

New Zealand-
Oram (accomplished allrounder , good striker) , Vettori (much improved all round game) , Bond (a great striker but nothing more) , Tuffey (bunny)

Australia-
Warne (when he puts his head down certainly one of the better #8's around , great striker & solid defense) , Lee (when he gets into it one of the biggest hitters in the world , good for nothing else though) , Bichel (has credentials as a bowling allrounder , solid technique , good striker) , Jason Gillespie (very solid in defense , habit of performing with the bat when its needed most) , McGrath (feret) , MacGill (even worse ....now thats saying something :lol: )

I know two languages. Suffice to say, I'm decent enough at it mate. But what you did has nothing to do with the actual language itself.

I don't want to read your posts, not because of the caps, but because they're crap.

By the way, you, being the junior on this forum would do well to show some respect before mouthing off like that and starting trouble. I've learnt that the hard way so that's some free advice. If you wanna take it then take it, otherwise, get out.

Andre

International Regular
Gentlemen - not the time or the place.

Back to topic please.

Regarding the tails - let's look at Pakistan against NZ.

Sami
Akhtar
Ahmed
Kaneria.

Very strong :rolleyes:

Langeveldt

Soutie
lol @ Andre :lol:

Id say when SA get Boje back, they will have an exceptional lower order.. Some of the operatives 8D

Mark Boucher
Andrew Hall
Shaun Pollock
Lance Klusener
Nicky Boje

They do however posess the worlds worst FC batsman that ive ever seen.. Mr Nel
:P :P :P :P :P :P

I've heard MacGill say he's not proud of his batting (of course he wouldn't be). But he said something along the lines of it's not like he doesn't try and it doesn't help when people are constantly putting him down about it.

FRAZ

International Captain
I guess best last man in the world was Mushtaq Ahmed . In tests may be he definately was . He has given so many last wicket partnerships. Remember when Pakistan won against Australia , it was Inzamam and Mushtaq who did the job and once he had a partnership of 151 with Azhar memood against South Africa which was equal to the previous record ...... Not these two performances only , he when ever needed slogged too . But he never could bat over no: 9 I guess ......

Eclipse

International Debutant
A few years ago his batting was allright but ATM he is the worst batsman in the world IMO.

I remember him makeing a FC fifty two 30* and a 40 in one FC season back then he was allright now he would not know what end to hold a bat.

FRAZ

International Captain
Shane Warne in my view is a very very teasing Batsman .. Saqlain Mushtaq was also like a thorne in the butt some times . He still holds a a record partnership along with Wasim Akram for 8th or 9th wicket I guess . And he made a century against Kiwis in Newzealand. How come Walsh and Ambrose could nt learn to hit some thing .. These two guys no doubt won many matches with their bowling but I feel they also lost many matches with a little margin of under 10 some times cuz I guess their tail enders were never seem like doing any thing ....

Mingster

State Regular
OK Pakistan probably have the worst tail in the current game.

This is a bloody stupid thread, started by a bloody biast person.

FRAZ

International Captain
Mingster said:
OK Pakistan probably have the worst tail in the current game.

This is a bloody stupid thread, started by a bloody biast person.
Hi mingster ! What happened ?