• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best late Batting Order.

Mingster

State Regular
marc71178 said:
But he's not any better than that - he certainly wouldn't be wanted any further up the order.
He's used as the nightwatchman for NZ.

He was superb for us in the Pakistan Test at that role before McMillan ran him out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's a complete difference in approach between being a nightwatchman and a genuine number 7 or 8.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
I never said Tuffey was a 7 or 8.

I said he's probably the best out of a 10 in world cricekt.
Erm, doesn't Dizzy bat at 10?

If so, then I 100% disagree.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a ridiculous argument....who cares who is the better #10 batsman, their job is to take wickets.

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Erm, doesn't Dizzy bat at 10?

If so, then I 100% disagree.
It depend's on the attack.

If McGrath and Magoo are playing then he bats 9.

I love Gillespie's batting it's a shame he does not have a test 50 yet because there are many a worse player with test fiftys.

VERY good defensive player Gillespie better than alot of top order batsman.

Mingster

State Regular
Tim said:
This is a ridiculous argument....who cares who is the better #10 batsman, their job is to take wickets.
But lower-order batsmen are crucial to NZ, especially with our infamous collapses...