Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Zimbabwe to tour Pakistan despite players' security concerns

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar

Zimbabwe to tour Pakistan despite players' security concerns

Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) may have agreed to Pakistan tour but the Zimbabwe players are edgy to visit the subcontinent nation that has been deprived of international cricket since the 2009 Lahore terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team.

Several Zimbabwe players have agreed to board the flight 'out of necessity to play competitive cricket'. The 10-day trip, players told on the condition of anonymity, is making them "nervous" and "scared" despite Pakistan's promise of beefed-up security. Zimbabwe, who doesn't have much cricket scheduled for the rest of this year, want to fill that gap, which led to ZC agreeing to Pakistan's invitation.

In return, Pakistan will tour Zimbabwe in August. The African nation's visit will be restricted to Lahore, where the two teams will play a series of two T20s and three ODIs. But Zimbabwe are taking no chances and will send a team to assess the situation and arrangements. "A high-level delegation from Zimbabwe will tour Pakistan to see the terrain and to make sure when our players go they will be looked after," ZC chairman Wilson Manase said. "I am not in any doubt that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will look after us well. This tour was announced by the president of Pakistan himself - not the president of the cricket board, so you can see the kind of level that this tour is being looked at."

Manase also confirmed that it will be full-strength Zimbabwe squad touring Pakistan, except Tendai Chatara who is out with a broken leg, adding that the players are "already practicing and they have agreed to travel". Part of this decision to tour Pakistan is also because Zimbabwe want to be in top eight by the end of 2016 for a direct qualification to the 2019 World Cup.
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/sport/0...-pakistan-tour

Yeah, I don't know what to make of this. Bit of a shame if they're doing it just out of desparation to get into the top 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Hope it all goes smoothly.

I wouldn't want England going there. Mainly because our role in Afghanistan probably makes us more of a target. Not that it made any difference when SL were attacked, of course.

as much as I want cricket tours to restart back in Pak but the security situation (although) much improved from last year (and previously) still isn't what should be reasonably comfortable for foreign teams
    marc71178 likes this.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    as much as I want cricket tours to restart back in Pak but the security situation (although) much improved from last year (and previously) still isn't what should be reasonably comfortable for foreign teams
    This also carries the risk of setting back international cricket in Pakistan by years if there is even the slightest security incident now. This is so touch and go.

The Zimbabwean players are also motivated by their financial situation. I read an article last week about the Zim players union wanting the PCB to bear their daily expenses if they are to tour there, which suggests to me that Cricket Zimbabwe is so mismanaged that they can't even handle the players' basic finances on tours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    This also carries the risk of setting back international cricket in Pakistan by years if there is even the slightest security incident now. This is so touch and go.

The Zimbabwean players are also motivated by their financial situation. I read an article last week about the Zim players union wanting the PCB to bear their daily expenses if they are to tour there, which suggests to me that Cricket Zimbabwe is so mismanaged that they can't even handle the players' basic finances on tours.
    This is another very important point. Better to wait another year or two and take stock of the situation than to rush into it and ruin it for another decade

Banned
    A vendetta against English, Australian, and Kiwi cricketers I can understand. But Zimbabwi's involvement with Islamic states seems very limited, so there would be no political gain from killing them.

Even for Islamic fundamentalists who find all non-Muslims inherently digusting it would still be a case of why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    A vendetta against English, Australian, and Kiwi cricketers I can understand. But Zimbabwi's involvement with Islamic states seems very limited, so there would be no political gain from killing them.

Even for Islamic fundamentalists who find all non-Muslims inherently digusting it would still be a case of why bother?
    I find your ridiculously west centric view of the world quite disgusting.

As if the SL cricket team didn't get attacked at all.

And it is almost as if you think that other teams are lesser mortals that they wouldn't be bothered with.
    Last edited by smalishah84; 02-05-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Banned
    I find your ridiculously west centric view of the world quite disgusting.

As if the SL cricket team didn't get attacked at all.

And it is almost as if you think that other teams are lesser mortals that they wouldn't be bothered with.
    Actually, the post was meant to be the other way round.

So then, in your view, what would be the political gain in killing cricketers from Zimbabwe?

Or are Islamic fundamentalists completely psychotic and that's all there is to it? No rhyme no reason, "we just hate everyone who isn't us so much that we need to kill them".
    Last edited by watson; 02-05-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Actually, the post was meant to be the other way round.

So then, in your view, what would be the political gain in killing cricketers from Zimbabwe?

Or are Islamic fundamentalists completely psychotic and that's all there is to it? No rhyme no reason, "we just hate everyone who isn't us so much that we need to kill them".
    Don't act so innocent please. Or perhaps you are deliberately trying to troll in this thread.

You very conveniently ignored the other fact presented in my post that Sri Lankan cricketers have been attacked before.

Banned
    Don't act so innocent please. Or perhaps you are deliberately trying to troll in this thread.

You very conveniently ignored the other fact presented in my post that Sri Lankan cricketers have been attacked before.
    OK then, it seems to me that there is a significant minority within Pakistan society that hates all non-muslims equally for no apparent reason other than they happen to be non-Muslim and from from Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, England, Australia, NZ etc.

So yes, in that case, I happen to agee that foreign cricket teams should not tour Pakistan until the moderate majority tell the minority of Islamic fundamentalists to ****-off in every conceivable way, in both public and private spheres.
    Last edited by watson; 02-05-2015 at 06:38 PM.

OK then, it seems to me that there is a significant minority within Pakistan society that hates all non-muslims equally for no apparent reason other than they happen to be non-Muslim and from from Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, England, Australia, NZ etc.

So yes, in that case, I happen to agee that foreign cricket teams should not tour Pakistan until the moderate majority tell the minority of Islamic fundamentalists to ****-off in every conceivable way, in both public and private spheres.
    Oh well, so you actually were trolling
    Daemon and zorax like this.

Banned
    Oh well, so you actually were trolling
    As they say, "silence is assent".
    Last edited by watson; 02-05-2015 at 08:03 PM.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Pakistan is either safe to tour or not. I personally dont know and I hope the Zimbabwe team do their research and make the right decision. No amount of additional security can make an unsafe place safe.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

Buy a clue FFS
    Fusion likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information