• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please help me ensure that Jacques Rudoph hears asong I wrote (sort of) about him!

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Firstly, apologies if this is breaking some kind of rules regarding advertising or spam. I'd like to think I've been here long enough and made enough posts to get the benefit of the doubt that I have not just signed up to promote my own causes in some way.

A few years ago I wrote a song titled 'Your New Boyfriend Looks Like Jacques Rudolph'. I find it mildly amusing, and my friends tend to agree. Said song can be heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV6tqZ5bOQ

I think it would be hilarious for Jacques Rudolph to hear this song, and have posted it on the Glamorgan Facebook page, nicely asking them to pass it on to him and relay his thoughts. I am hoping that some of you might be able to do me an enormous favour and listen to the song, LIKE the status, perhaps even make a post imploring how important it is that Jacques hears this! It would be one of the greatest things ever.

https://www.facebook.com/GlamCricket/posts/1407473662908084?notif_t=like

Thanks heaps
-Alan

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alan - I will listen if you can reassure me that it doesn't contain Dawood-esque rhyming. i.e. if there is rhyming involved, is it safe to assume you have rhymed different words rather than the same word over and over again?

Marius

International Debutant
Ha ha, that was pretty good.

Just one thing, for when you write more songs about Rudolph, or about Jacques Kallis. You don't pronounce the 's' at the end of Jacques. Otherwise, you get South African way of pronouncing the way spot-on.