• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think Indian team is consistent?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Are they consistenty performing well to be ranked higher? I've lost count of series Indian team have lost playing abroad but Mr Pratyush keep reminding us that Indians are consistent. Maybe i have missed some series or something.I think Indian team did extremely well in the recent series against Aus, but before that it didn't do all that well.Lost to WI & NZ and drew with Eng and Zimb, sorry but i don't see how one can say that they are consistent!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India are very, very consistent.
Consistently almost unbeatable in home Test-series, consistently impossible to lose to in away Test-series.
Unquestionably there's been an upturn in the Wright era, but still no away Test-series win for 18 years.
Sri Lanka are much the same.
Pakistan, however, are inconsistent.

Choora

State Regular
I think a team need to do well in atleast thee consecutive test series before one can say that there is some consistency(positive) in its performance. Obviously India haven't done that and thats why their ranking is poor,but i think by Australian tour India has made a u-tun.Now India is to take on Pak,and after complete demolition of our neighbours India will need just one more series to win and prove the world that they are capable of consistently performing well and a candidate for 2nd best team in the world!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
pontingrulz said:
mate india is about as consistent as brett lee
:lol:

IND vs SA would be a GREAT series I.M.O.

but India needs to win a few series away from home before they can even be talked about being no.2.

FRAZ

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
:lol:

IND vs SA would be a GREAT series I.M.O.

but India needs to win a few series away from home before they can even be talked about being no.2.
India and Newzealand series last year . Some one remember that . Indians were murdered . Then one good series vs Aussies Now the Forum writers will say history starts from here . Every thing in the past is scratched out ............. I mean Kiwis in newzealand are one of the best teams to beat . And only Pakistan and then Australia have ever tested them. I think Pakistan has always performed in Newzealand magnificently. What if India were playing those two tests in newzealand instead of Pakistan . would the result be the same ..............

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pontingrulz said:
mate india is about as consistent as brett lee
My point exactly.
Both very consistently good in one area, very consistently poor in another.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Like everyone else it remains to be seen how consistent they can be after the Australian tour....sure they can win at home but if they can string a few drawn aways series or a couple of aways wins, then they might be considered consistent!

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
I assume always doesn't include the most recent series?
In the test series they did perform well!

Actually Pakistanis seems to like NZ team.Javed Miandad first caught ppl attention when he scored like 200+ in his earliest part of his career in NZ.Akram too was first noticed while playing against NZ in which he got 5+ wkts in an innings.And Sami too took 6 or 7 wktsin an innings while playing his 1st or perhaps second test match in NZ last yr!

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Well if you compare past away and home Test Series and past ODI finals (World Cup Final, TVS Cup Final, 1st VB Series Final in particular), then yes IMO they are inconsistent.

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
By all reports I've heard they didn't perform that well except for one session...
If so, that ONE session won thematch and the seiesforPak, and thats what counts!