• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if India had Shoaib Akhtar .......

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
FRAZ said:
Would he be dissed in the same manner ......... what role he would be playing in Indian cricket team . I mean does he deserve a place in Indian cricket team in place of top 3 bowlers of he world . 1. Nehra 2. Zaheer. 3 . Agarkar... because right now India thinks he is the worst bowlers their polls and sites show this....
why would akhtar being indian stop him from gettin dissed ? apart from whole chucking controversy, he has not been a very fit player for one( being injured every 3 mnths) , does not bowl well most of the times...and even with the 2 best bowlers in world waqar/wasim, he did not learn much...how is he gonna learn now...BUT still he would make the indian team and almost any other team as well....IMHO SAMI is way better...

Deja moo

International Captain
SA is a class team,but India'srecord against them isn't good
I know that too...I was just replying to Fraz's post that Pakistan has a better record thn India against all world class teams....but last time I checked, india had a better record against safrica than pak....so that makes safrica lesser than a Wclass team going by fraz's logic.

Fraz: South Africa is not a good team because According to Feroz shah kotla times , It was beaten recently by Pakistan . And Pakistan is such a crapy team which does nt even have Ajit Agarkar
Are you talking of the same Safrica which whipped pakistans a** for a record 14 consecutive matches?

Regarding AA, you said it, I didnt make a single comment regarding AA's suitability for the Pakistani team:cool2:

And fraz, try to find a cure for your perverted AA fixation.

fraz:::Dear Sir/mam you just said some thing with out saying hello hi's And direct klashankov shooting on my post .. By the way dear Sir/mam nice to meet you and nice to see your hospitality and manners .. Nice way of starting conversation . Where are you from ? let me guess hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... oh yeah ..........Uh oh .... Oh no .............. Manners told me ...........
The post got the respect it deserved, Fraz.Get over it.

Choora

State Regular
Re: Re: What if India had Shoaib Akhtar .......

maxpower said:
why would akhtar being indian stop him from gettin dissed ? apart from whole chucking controversy, he has not been a very fit player for one( being injured every 3 mnths) , does not bowl well most of the times...and even with the 2 best bowlers in world waqar/wasim, he did not learn much...how is he gonna learn now...BUT still he would make the indian team and almost any other team as well....IMHO SAMI is way better...

And which fast bowler is fit these days??? Jason?ZKhan,Nehra,Sami,Lee , McGath,Bond???? do they remain fit?why blame Akhter??

Akhter is the second best bowle in the world after Muali (acc to the official rating). He has been bowling well most of the times lately.The last 2 series that Pakwon were possible mostly coz of Akhter.

Andto say that Samiis bette than Akhter got tobe the jokeof the century:lol:

FRAZ

International Captain
orangepitch said:
I

Are you talking of the same Safrica which whipped pakistans a** for a record 14 consecutive matches?
Waoh , really? good for cricket , but whats the point ? Its a game one loses other wins , Then whats about this whipping of A$$. Why orange why ? Why are you so jelous ? Why orange ? For goodness sake >?I never said I hate India .. India is the heaven for extremely fast bowlers and Allrounders and with legal captains etc etc ... But why Orange ?????Why did you Dragged your a$$ in it? Its a game , thats it ? O My Cw fellow member ? Why thee emotionale' ? Why Orange Why ?????

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Re: Re: Re: What if India had Shoaib Akhtar .......

Choora said:
And which fast bowler is fit these days??? Jason?ZKhan,Nehra,Sami,Lee , McGath,Bond???? do they remain fit?why blame Akhter??

Akhter is the second best bowle in the world after Muali (acc to the official rating). He has been bowling well most of the times lately.The last 2 series that Pakwon were possible mostly coz of Akhter.

Andto say that Samiis bette than Akhter got tobe the jokeof the century:lol:
In their long carrers, wasim, mcgrath, pollock, walsh, imran, kapil and a ton of other were rarely sitting out due to injuries. Akhtar has made a habit of getting injured every 3 months.

FRAZ

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: What if India had Shoaib Akhtar .......

maxpower said:
In their long carrers, wasim, mcgrath, pollock, walsh, imran, kapil and a ton of other were rarely sitting out due to injuries. Akhtar has made a habit of getting injured every 3 months.
On behalf of all CW members ,I welcome you to CW..yes you are right..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
I hope Sachin scores a big ton today as unlike most of the Indian fans i still have faith in him.
I would have thought most Indians have faith in SRT - I still rate him very highly as a non-Indian.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

maxpower said:
That is due to the far greater volume of Cricket now than there was 10-15 years ago.

Choora

State Regular

maxpower said:

To suit ur argument you have named only ex-cricketers, then they didn't use to play the amount of cricket which is played now.

Today we have a situation when every second fast bowler is getting injured in every second series. Jason is hardly ever fit, Bond is going to make a come back after a long time, Zaheer Khan and Nehra are injury prone & McGrath too is still not fit.So its stupid to pin point one bowler for being injury prone really.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what if Australia had Shoaib and Tendulkar and Lara???

India dont have Shoiab and never will so whats the point of the thread....

age_master said:
what if Australia had Shoaib and Tendulkar and Lara???

India dont have Shoiab and never will so whats the point of the thread....
We don't need Shoiab and Lees, we have quality left arm pacers and in terms of sheer speed we have Munaf Patel, who is bowling faster than before and will easily derail both Lee and shoiab.

And that is just one speedy guy, in next five years we will line up the cricket world with express fast bowlers.

deeps

International 12th Man
FRAZ, all i have to say to you is WAKE UP! i'm sure all indian supporters DREAM of india being the best side in the world, having the best batsman and bowlers in the world, and being the perfect side

HOWEVER...MOST indian supporters know the difference between fantasy and reality..unfortunately, you seem to be one of the disillusional ones, where you cant' tell the difference between your fantasies and reality..rather unfortunate... But the thing is, your making yourself look like a total idi0t infront of the rest of the CW community. TO say that zaheer,nehra, agarkar are the best bowlers in the world is utterly ludicrious...With bowlers like pollock,ntini,mcgrath,warne,murali etc. etc. out there! heck EVEN pathan is better than nehra.....BALAJI is better than nehra... yet you placed him as number one in the WORLD! he can't even get a game in the indian sidE! shows alot about YOur judgement

seriously mate, stop kidding yourself, and try not to make a fool of yourself

Choora

State Regular
Actually Deeps you got Fraz wrong. He is NEITHER an Indian fan nor did he ever claimed that Zaheer,Ajit and Nehra are best bowlers.He was simply passing a sarcastic remark on some dumb Indian kid who has written on his website that Akhter ,Lee & Sami are chuckers and Zaheer Nehra and Ajit are the fastest bowlers in the world!

FRAZ

International Captain
deeps said:
FRAZ, all i have to say to you is WAKE UP! i'm sure all indian supporters DREAM of india being the best side in the world, having the best batsman and bowlers in the world, and being the perfect side

HOWEVER...MOST indian supporters know the difference between fantasy and reality..unfortunately, you seem to be one of the disillusional ones, where you cant' tell the difference between your fantasies and reality..rather unfortunate... But the thing is, your making yourself look like a total idi0t infront of the rest of the CW community. TO say that zaheer,nehra, agarkar are the best bowlers in the world is utterly ludicrious...With bowlers like pollock,ntini,mcgrath,warne,murali etc. etc. out there! heck EVEN pathan is better than nehra.....BALAJI is better than nehra... yet you placed him as number one in the WORLD! he can't even get a game in the indian sidE! shows alot about YOur judgement

seriously mate, stop kidding yourself, and try not to make a fool of yourself
I wanna shoot myself now . I was just marking again and again that statement which really pi$$ed me off , Which keeps on stalking me in my dreams , that nehra is no.1 in the world . Now this statement is labeled as my statement , Actually deeps you are right and thats what I have been trying to tell every one that you just said ..............

FRAZ

International Captain
Choora said:
Actually Deeps you got Fraz wrong. He is NEITHER an Indian fan nor did he ever claimed that Zaheer,Ajit and Nehra are best bowlers.He was simply passing a sarcastic remark on some dumb Indian kid who has written on his website that Akhter ,Lee & Sami are chuckers and Zaheer Nehra and Ajit are the fastest bowlers in the world!
Once again you are wrong I never said that , that dumb kid said Lee is a chuker , You included it yourself. The pacific targets were Shoaib and Sami , And let me guess what is the nationalit of these two , Mongolia?????

deeps

International 12th Man
lol,ok fraz..my apologies... u should really make ureself more clear though, considering every1 is mis-interpreting everything you say

Choora

State Regular
FRAZ said:
Once again you are wrong I never said that , that dumb kid said Lee is a chuker , You included it yourself. The pacific targets were Shoaib and Sami , And let me guess what is the nationalit of these two , Mongolia?????

Well sorry, but since i thought the kid was considering Zaheer/nehra as the fastest bowler in the world, he must have some reservation about the action of Lee.