• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the United States cricket team ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Has anyone here seen the US cricket team play ?

Are they getting direct entry to WC 2007 -- I heard some matches are being held in the States ?

Cricket in America has about 10,000 registered players. Most of them are ex-pats, and most of those live in California. If they were any good they would have been at the 2003 WC over other token minnows.

As for matches in the USA, that is a possibility (for expansion of the game there, plus, compared to the Windies they would make a killing), although I'd expect more games in Canada than the USA if any.

cbuts

International Debutant
its an almost certianty that usa and canada will get games. if thestats get 2 games, there is a private backer that will build a purpose built 26,000 seat staduim in florida.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Approximate ranking of non-International sides

1 Holland
2 Canada
3 Namibia
4 Scotland
5 UAE
6 Ireland
7 Denmark
8 USA

V Reddy

International Debutant
I read somewhere that Clayton Lambert is going to play for USA in some qualifying event and that Watambwa was dropped.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I qualify to play for either England or the USA, although I'll probably refuse both out of spite ;)

Craig

World Traveller
If Cricket can just take off there, it will be huge because of the sheer numbers etc.

I once read an article that in LA it is used to get homeless youths and gangs off the streets and playing cricket.

The bloke in charge believes England and the USA will join up together and thump every other team.

Chances? About as likely as Crawley Town winning next years CL.