Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just met the Indian cricket team!!!

Just met the Indian cricket team!!!

Hey guys, today has to be on the greatest days of my life. My dad's good friend knows Laxman, Balaji and Badani and so I was able to be allowed to go to the MCG on the ground and watch the Indian cricket team as well as meet them. I just arrived back from the MCG about an hour ago.

I was allowed to take most of the day off school and was picked up at 11 am to the MCG. When we arrived on the ground it was about 11:50 and pretty much the whole Indian cricket team were there. I took plenty of photos while standing there in awe watching my favourite cricket players that I had once only been able to see on my TV and in the seats at a cricket ground. I can't describe the feeling, it was awesome.

Along with Sachin, Rahul, Laxman, Pathan and the other Indian players was a surprise. Javagal Srinath was there bowling to the batsman in the nets. It was great to see him close up after the many years he had entertained me on TV.

Suddenly all the photographers and news reporters who were on the ground (funny enough they couldn't cross a line which I could :P) gathered together and so I turned around. I then saw that Ganguly was in the middle of them all, and was about to be interviewed. The cameras and microphones were all around him. I listened to what they asked him about. Questions came up regarding tomorrow's first final, and whether any history between India and Australia playing important matches would be in the Indian players' minds. Ganguly replied saying something about how well India have played on this tour compared to previous ones, and how tomorrow is a new game and the past is the past. One reporter asked him if Kumble was going to play, or how he was recovering. Ganguly said that Kumble was bowling in the nets for the first time in a while but I was unable to hear the rest of his sentence. The World XI vs. The Best game was brought up, and Ganguly said positive things about that match saying it would gather interest and many would enjoy the game, however he was also asked if too much cricket was being played. He said that was the only problem with matches like this, whether they can fit it in considering how much cricket international players play these days. Australians and maybe Indians will probably be able to hear/see this interview later tonight, Aussies watch Sports Tonight, I'm guessing it'll be on that.

After that I approached Laxman who was complementing Pathan's batting laughing, as in the nets Pathan had been smashing the bowlers. Laxman seems to be a very very nice guy. He was so polite and I managed to shake his hand and he signed my bat (I brought it to be signed ) as well as other signings for my dad's friends. I then got a photo with him which was so awesome. Little did I know it would get better.

After Sachin had finished his batting in the nets for the day he was walking back and we approached him asking for his signature. It was surreal to just be in his presence. Shaking Laxman's hand was amazing enough, but being in the presence of Sachin was indescribable. He also signed my bat and managed to get a photo with him which was great. I also managed to get Rahul Dravid to sign my bat and get a photo with him as well, just being able to meet these 3 fantastic cricketers made my day. I was also able to get Kumble, Balaji, Pathan and Srinathís signature. It was extremely hot but I didnít even notice until I got home how tired I was because for the 2 hours I was at the ground, I was so excited.

Iíve got plenty of photos which I will upload and post once I get them on to my computer. Right now I'm still in shock that I have met these cricketers which I have idolised for many years. Overall it was just a wonderful day, and to top it off I will be going to the first final at the MCG tomorrow. Iím sure that will be a great match and I canít wait.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

State Regular
    Man some guys have all the luck, i would like to see some of the photos, particularly the ones with Sachin and Balaji.
    ------------------------------------

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    bleh,im not gonna meet some cricketers untill im in the Black Caps

I guess you had fun.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

U19 Debutant
    Oh jeez, I've been arguing with a schoolkid???? :rolleyes:

Anyway Jono, congrats on what must have been a great day for you. I guess you'll always remember meeting your heroes.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!

Re: Just met the Indian cricket team!!!

Originally posted by Jono
    I was allowed to take most of the day off school

Truent :P:P:P

some people get all the luck
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Some people get all the luck

Waiting for your pics with them

Awesome.

One of my mates got to bowl to Laxman in the nets at the 'Gabba. He's only 15 years old so I dunno how he got to do it but he is one hell of a cricketer, he averaged something like 140 last season playing for the firsts at our school. He said VVS was a freak (in the nicest way possible of course).

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Great news Jono, well done mate!

It sound uncanilly like my experience with the Indian team of 1999/00 when they came here.

I met the entire team back then including Sourav, Sachin, Laxman, Dravid, Ramesh, Harbhajan, Ajit.

Its good to hear that you had a good time.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, Jono

If you email your photos to james.nixon@cricketweb.net, I'm sure he'll be happy to host them on CW.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar

Re: Just met the Indian cricket team!!!

Hey guys, today has to be on the greatest days of my life. My dad's good friend knows Laxman, Balaji and Badani and so I was able to be allowed to go to the MCG on the ground and watch the Indian cricket team as well as meet them. I just arrived back from the MCG about an hour ago.

I was allowed to take most of the day off school and was picked up at 11 am to the MCG. When we arrived on the ground it was about 11:50 and pretty much the whole Indian cricket team were there. I took plenty of photos while standing there in awe watching my favourite cricket players that I had once only been able to see on my TV and in the seats at a cricket ground. I can't describe the feeling, it was awesome.

Along with Sachin, Rahul, Laxman, Pathan and the other Indian players was a surprise. Javagal Srinath was there bowling to the batsman in the nets. It was great to see him close up after the many years he had entertained me on TV.

Suddenly all the photographers and news reporters who were on the ground (funny enough they couldn't cross a line which I could :P) gathered together and so I turned around. I then saw that Ganguly was in the middle of them all, and was about to be interviewed. The cameras and microphones were all around him. I listened to what they asked him about. Questions came up regarding tomorrow's first final, and whether any history between India and Australia playing important matches would be in the Indian players' minds. Ganguly replied saying something about how well India have played on this tour compared to previous ones, and how tomorrow is a new game and the past is the past. One reporter asked him if Kumble was going to play, or how he was recovering. Ganguly said that Kumble was bowling in the nets for the first time in a while but I was unable to hear the rest of his sentence. The World XI vs. The Best game was brought up, and Ganguly said positive things about that match saying it would gather interest and many would enjoy the game, however he was also asked if too much cricket was being played. He said that was the only problem with matches like this, whether they can fit it in considering how much cricket international players play these days. Australians and maybe Indians will probably be able to hear/see this interview later tonight, Aussies watch Sports Tonight, I'm guessing it'll be on that.

After that I approached Laxman who was complementing Pathan's batting laughing, as in the nets Pathan had been smashing the bowlers. Laxman seems to be a very very nice guy. He was so polite and I managed to shake his hand and he signed my bat (I brought it to be signed ) as well as other signings for my dad's friends. I then got a photo with him which was so awesome. Little did I know it would get better.

After Sachin had finished his batting in the nets for the day he was walking back and we approached him asking for his signature. It was surreal to just be in his presence. Shaking Laxman's hand was amazing enough, but being in the presence of Sachin was indescribable. He also signed my bat and managed to get a photo with him which was great. I also managed to get Rahul Dravid to sign my bat and get a photo with him as well, just being able to meet these 3 fantastic cricketers made my day. I was also able to get Kumble, Balaji, Pathan and Srinathís signature. It was extremely hot but I didnít even notice until I got home how tired I was because for the 2 hours I was at the ground, I was so excited.

Iíve got plenty of photos which I will upload and post once I get them on to my computer. Right now I'm still in shock that I have met these cricketers which I have idolised for many years. Overall it was just a wonderful day, and to top it off I will be going to the first final at the MCG tomorrow. Iím sure that will be a great match and I canít wait.
    I'm very envious Jono.....which part of India are u from btw ?
    I'm guessing somehwere in the South...?

The only cricketer I've ever met was Heath Streak -- and that was in Nagpur in 2000. A fine gentleman he was.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Originally posted by ethos
    Awesome.

One of my mates got to bowl to Laxman in the nets at the 'Gabba. He's only 15 years old so I dunno how he got to do it
    Ahem :saint:
    Guess who bowled to Sehwag , Badani , Pathan , Dravid & Gavaskar the day before the PM's XI in Canberra

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Originally posted by iamdavid
    Ahem :saint:
    Guess who bowled to Sehwag , Badani , Pathan , Dravid & Gavaskar the day before the PM's XI in Canberra
    Did they smash you into Lake Burley Griffin ?

Lol Kenny, I'm 17 turning 18 this year. Too young to argue with you hey? :P

jamesryfler, I'm actually not born in India. Both my mum and dad are, but I'm born here in Melbourne. My dad is from Hyderabad, his younger brother was best friends with Azzhurudin when they were young. My mum is from Bangalore.

Thanks for your replies guys, and I'll email the pics to that address once I gather all of them together Neil.

U19 Debutant
    Lol Kenny, I'm 17 turning 18 this year. Too young to argue with you hey? :P
    Yes possibly - if I'd known I probably wouldn't have bothered retaliating.
    However, I was genuine about your magic day. A great thrill for a cricket fan of any nationality to meet his heroes.
    I am certainly envious!

Cricket Spectator
    cool, sounds like u had a gr8 day, any cricketing fan surely would luv to have been in your shoes on that particular day 4 sure,however ive not yet met my heroes- ive met yousaf youhanna, azhar mahmood and abdul razzaq.....hope i get in luck soon.......lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information