• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A dilemma!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I need your help guys.

I'm going to the Test Match on Saturday with my mate who lives up in Manchester.

At 12.30, the England World Cup game kicks off - I've heard a rumour it may be shown on the big screen there, but if it isn't should I take my mate's offer of a pub next to the grund he can get us in?

What would you do?

Rich2001

International Captain
I have also heard that there will be a big screen at the ground (from an interview with someone from LCCC or the ECB, so I guess it's reliable) so I guess you will get the best of both, or just watch the match in the LCCC bar (Do they have one? I guess so) so you can still keep an eye on the cricket.

Anyway what ever you decide enjoy the games.

[Edited on 6/12/02 by Rich2001]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My Dad suggested the LCCC bar, and there definitely is one, because my mate is working there today!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You have to watch England, we get Test Series every year, but only to the WC Knockout stage once in four if we're lucky!

Rich2001

International Captain
You have to watch England, we get Test Series every year, but only to the WC Knockout stage once in four if we're lucky!
True, but I still say watch it at the ground and then you get the best of both.

OR

You could go and watch the football and give me your ticket and I will go and watch the cricket for you ;) :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Think we've decided to watch it on the bigscreen at the ground. I wonder if they could set a precedent and take lunch form 12.30 till 1.15?

Rich2001

International Captain
Think we've decided to watch it on the bigscreen at the ground. I wonder if they could set a precedent and take lunch form 12.30 till 1.15?
I believe as silly as it sounds they were seriously considering to change the lunch times

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It was brilliant - about 5 or 6 thousand left the Cricket just as play started to go and support the boys - then rushed back after the game!

Unfortunately we missed Stewart's fantastic knock and 4 consecutive boundaries :(

Did anyone see me on the Television - they showed us and I was right in the front of it!

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah they showed the people watching the TV, but as I have no idea what you look like I couldn't say if I saw you.