• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj Singh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Drakes is obviously superior with the ball.

And with the bat, Ide rather have Drakes go out there than Bangar is 40 runs were required, but Ide rather Bangar is 150 were required.

But really, Drakes is a far better player than Bangar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Amazing deduction Richard.

Drakes 33 Test wickets @ 41.27, 1x5w
51 ODI wickets @ 25.35, 3x4w, 2x5w
614 FC wickets @ 26.16, 28x5w, 2x10w
277 OD wickets @ 26.18, 8x4w, 4x5w

Bangar 7 Test wickets @ 49
7 ODI wickets @ 54.85
118 FC wickets @ 39.76, 2x5w
45 OD wickets @ 47.77

Clearly Drakes only just manages to be equal with Bangar. :rolleyes:
If you ask me Drakes would be more equal if he played in India too.
South Africa is a much better place for seam-bowling in general than India.
Like I have always said, don't judge differences in bowling stats without looking at conditions. Watch\analyse the bowlers first and analyse the conditions first.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Prince EWS said:
Drakes is obviously superior with the ball.

And with the bat, Ide rather have Drakes go out there than Bangar is 40 runs were required, but Ide rather Bangar is 150 were required.

But really, Drakes is a far better player than Bangar.
If there were 40 off 20 balls I'd prefer Drakes than Bangar.
In a similar situation, I'd prefer Drakes to Dravid.
However, as Drakes himself has found-out, Bangar's no mean player in such a situation.
Basically, I'd prefer Bangar with the bat in almost any situation.
And ball, already discussed. See above.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I did mention those!
Originally posted by Richard
However, as Drakes himself has found-out, Bangar's no mean player in such a situation.
I was referring to the West Indies ODIs in which Bangar pasted the WI attack on a couple of vital occasions.