• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WI v NZ

Rich2001

International Captain
Current match standings:

NZ - 212/5 (44.2 overs)
WI - 77/2 (11.4 overs)

Gayle 42*
Hooper 11*

WI require another 135 runs, with 8 Wkts left

RR - 6.26 RRR - 6.52

It's going to be close

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Styris?!, 62* aswell as 6 wickets
has Scott Styris turned the corner?

Hitchcock has been impressive aswell this series. Its the players like Harris, Tuffey, Bond & Vettori who are not stepping up.

Rich2001

International Captain
New Zealand won by 6 runs on the D/L method. great performances by Astle 91*, Styris 63* and 6/25 and good tight bowling by Hitchcock 1/25.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think we came to expect too much from Bond. He hasn't had too much top class cricket lately- still, no excuse for the TERRIBLE bowling, too many wides, its frustrating. :(

Rich2001

International Captain
We always seem to have a bright new Star Found with each Series ?
Yes, it's just a pitty that they normally go downhill for the next.

Before all you NZ fans moan at me I did say Normally (Did I get away with that one :D)

Kimbo

International Debutant
haha, you are right about that. i think you get away with it, just because its true. ;)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't give up on Bond yet, before the VB Series he had a proper preparation e.g. going to India with NZ 'A' & the NZ Domestic season.

All the preparation he has had before the W.I tour is a couple of lower grade matches in Darwin.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with most New Zealander's is, is that they are as quick to write off a sports player as they are to gloat about them.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yup

i bet you S.Styris wont do that good in the next series ( who ever its against ) and the media will bring him down and he might not even get that much a chance

Rich2001

International Captain
The problem with most New Zealander's is, is that they are as quick to write off a sports player as they are to gloat about them.
Yes that is a very good point and it's just like that here in England as well

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yep, one good innings and you're amazing, one duck and you're useless.

Unless you play for Liverpool or Surrey. In which case you're always brilliant :(!

[Edited on 6/14/02 by Neil Pickup]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yep, one good innings and you're amazing, one duck and you're useless.

Unless you play for Liverpool or Surrey. In which case you're always brilliant :(!

[Edited on 6/14/02 by Neil Pickup]
Agreed on the Surrey side.

Nasser Hussain was quoted as saying he was very impressed by Tudor's effort in the 3rd Test.

Right, so the fact he complained of being tired after 2 overs of a spell and they had to bring back Hoggard who had already bowled more than 10 overs more than Tudor in the day means that's a good effort from Tudor does it?