• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's best ever bowler

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is an interesting way of doing it. Would be fascinating to see how Aussies, Saffers and West Indians measure up under the same system.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting analysis - he spotted the flaw, but doesn't seem to have thought it through - it's not that batsmen generally have got better, but tailenders most certainly have

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
English cricket is senseless.From what I've seen their best bowler has been Anderson.He has been good in SC as well.He has got Sachin out most no.of times than any other bowler

harsh.ag

So we've finally found someone worse than Anantha Narayan. Well done BBC and Andrew Samson on knocking this guy off the perch

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It always amuses me how whenever the English press try to cover this topic of who their greatest bowler is, they almost without fail always choose to ignore Snow. Did he kill his wife and kids and get his name purged from English history books or something?

fredfertang

It always amuses me how whenever the English press try to cover this topic of who their greatest bowler is, they almost without fail always choose to ignore Snow. Did he kill his wife and kids and get his name purged from English history books or something?
He wrote poetry and upset Alec Bedser - lethal combination

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hoggard? Pfft.

Decent bowler and all, but come on.

Didn't even average 4 wickets per test.

viriya

International Captain
Although it doesn't make sense to rate bowlers just based on the quality of the batsmen they got out, I think England bowlers since 1995 are relatively underrated because they played a majority of Tests vs a great Aussie line-up. Andy Caddick is a good example.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
"Hoggard was brilliant, a fine new-ball bowler, the bowler I would have liked to have been," says BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew."

lol