• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web.net Fantasy Test Draft

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
XI

1. Gordon Greenidge
2. Barry Richards
3. George Headley [c]
4. Jacques Kallis [6]
5. Neil Harvey
6. Frank Woolley [5]
7. Adam Gilchrist [+]
8. Mike Procter [3]
9. Clarrie Grimmett [4]
10. Michael Holding [2]
11. Curtly Ambrose [1]

1930s : Clarrie Grimmett, Frank Woolley
1940s : George Headley
1950s : Neil Harvey
1960s : Mike Procter
1970s : Michael Holding, Barry Richards
1980s : Gordon Greenidge
1990s : Curtly Ambrose
2000s : Adam Gilchrist
2010s : Jacques Kallis

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Javed Miandad (1980's) ill be my next selection please

Charter 77 Final XI

Bobby Simpson (6)
Saeed Anwar
Kumar Sangakkara
Walter Hammond (5)
Javed Miandad
Clive Lloyd (*)
Leslie Ames (+)
Ray Lindwall (2)
Shane Warne (4)
Fred Trueman (3)
Dennis Lillee (1)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ryan Harris

Jack Hobbs
Graham Smith ^
Greg Chappell ^
Martin Crowe *
Peter May
Garry Sobers (5) ^
Shakib Al Hasan (4)
Godfrey Evans +
Wasim Akram (2)
Ryan Harris (1)
Mike Whitney (3)

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Thanks randycricfreak. That was fun once you settled down from your autocratic beginnings

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Rewriting as per format:

Oxford, Not Brookes XI:

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Vivian Richards
4. Denis Compton
5. Steve Waugh (*)
6. Brendon McCullum (+)
7. Ian Botham (2)
8. Kapil Dev (3)
9. Jim Laker (4)
10. Derek Underwood (5)
11. Fazal Mahmood (1)

1930s : Denis Compton
1940s : Jim Laker
1950s : Fazal Mahmood
1960s : Derek Underwood
1970s : Sunil Gavaskar, Ian Botham
1980s : Vivian Richards, Kapil Dev
1990s : Matthew Hayden
2000s : Steve Waugh
2010s : Brendon McCullum

Gritty batting line-up when you have Gavaskar and Waugh in. Aggressive batting with Hayden, Viv and BMac. Two of the best fast-bowling all-rounders in Botham in Kapil that see me batting till number 8. One of the best Pakistani fast bowlers in Fazal Mahmood, and the two English spinners Laker and Underwood make this to be a very competitive team.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Last but not least Sir Andy Roberts (1970s) to sum up my legendary all time great fast bowling unit.

INVINCIBLES

Sir Arthur Morris (1940s)
Sir Leonard Hutton (1930s)
Rahul Sharad Dravid (2010s)
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar (2000s)
Sir Everton Weekes (1950s)
Allan Border (C) (1980s)
Alan Knott (wk) (1960s)
Joel Garner (1970s)
Sir Andy Roberts (1970s)
Muttiah Muralitharan (2000s)
Courtney Walsh (1990s)

I'll brief my team now,

First up is the ever present immortal openers in world cricket in Sir Arthur Morris and Sir Leonard Hutton.Both played vita roles for their respective sides in the 1930s and 1940s.Following this elegant pair of right and left hand combination is 'the Wall' aka Rahul Dravid.His perserverance,calmness would no doubt add much patience for this team of Invincibles.Rahul Dravid an equally good player against both pace and spin,is a modern day great and one of the best batsmen to master no.3 batting Furthermore,his success at overseas conditions which is perhaps alien to most of the other batsmen from the sub continent,would add some invaluable experience plus his safe hands in the slips would mean catches off Murali,will be grabbed without any hesitance.Next up is Sachin Tendulkar,greatest batsman of cricket after Sir Donald Bradman.Enough said on him.His ability in handing spin and pace equally plus on top of that Dravid at no.3 would mean that nothing would come easy for the oppostion.Following Tendulkar,is Sir Everton Weekes,wonderful player,with strokes all round.His average of 58+ playing close to more than 50 tests,is something magnificient.His presence in the side would mean that there will be a lot more depth on strokeplay hence more headache for the oppostion skippers.In at No.6 is the leader of the Invincibles,to lead a side of this calibre,you need a tailer-made captain and the best man for this is Sir Allan Border,he was perhaps the person who pioneered the Australian dominance,when its crest was fallen apart by the West Indies dominanance.It was Border who changed the prevailing situation changed the fortunes for Australia,which was continued by the likes of Waughs and Pontings.At 7 is the keeper Alan Knott,who was chosen as the keeper in the Wisden all time test team ahead of Adam Gilchrist.Furthermore to go with hs beligerent keeping,he has credential in batting as well,scoring at 31 runs per innings and 3 centuries to go with it,in his career.

Bowlers,

Well perhaps I've got the most strongest bowling line up and I've got stats to prove them.Sharing the Red Cherry will be Sir Andy Roberts and Courtney Walsh.Both will be looking to pressurize the batsmen,with their deceptive bowling of pace.Walsh has 500 wickets,most for a fast bowler,which shows the quality Walsh possessed,unlike other so called star bowlers who struggled in their careers due to injuries.500 wickets for a fast bowlers would seem improbable,but Walsh had the courage to do it.His parther Andy Roberts was one of the most fearsome bowlers during the age of late 1970s and was a part of the formidable West Indies pace line up that shattered the oppostion in to bits and pieces.After the inescapable lines and lengths from my two opening bowlers,it will be the 6ft 8 giant in Joel Garner.He'll be ripping bouncers at the batsmen,which will be his usual line and length.After facing much distress from my fast bowlers,it will be the best spinner the world has ever seen Muttiah Muralitharan,the greatest cricketer of modern times.Need I say any more.the greatest spinner of all times and Bradman of test bowling

Not many would have a chance against this team.This is a team for all conditions,be it seam,swing,pace,bounce or spin.Invincibles the best

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Heroes

Keith Miller - 1940s
Richard Hadlee - 1970s
Alan Davidson - 1950s
Ken Barrington - 1960s
Bill O Reilly - 1930s
Clyde Walcott - 1950s
AB De Villiers - 2000s
Hashim Amla - 2010s
Waqar Younis - 1990s
Michael Clarke - 2000s
Mark Taylor - 1980s

Amla
Mark Taylor (c)
Barrington
Walcott
Clarke
ABDV (wk)
Miller
Hadlee
Davidson
Younis
O'Reilly

This side has a terrific mix of batsmen and bowlers of all types and varieties to face any and all conditions. Mark Taylor will captain this wonderful bunch of cricketers and also provide excellent first slip catching, esp. for the leggie Bill O'Reilly and when needed, Barrington. Clarke will be the vice-captain and offer sound tactical advice. ABDV and Walcott are not just genius batsmen (and both can claim to be the next best to Bradman, among many many others in that running) but will also provide excellent wicket keeping. Walcott will step in whenever AB has had a long inning but AB will be the incumbent. As far as batting goes, this line up will be a showstopper. Taylor's tight defence and compactness will provide the ideal foil to Amla's elegant and surgical strokeplay as the right hander takes the attack to the opposition with his own beautiful languid grace. Barrington will provide more solidity and big runs at 3 followed by 3 genius batsmen in Walcott, Clarke and AB. It is a bonus that all 3 can murder spin as well and we have seen more than once that AB can knuckle down and bat out days to save games. Miller, Hadlee and DAvidson at 7,8 and 9 means this is a lower that has to be remarkably stronger than any other in this competition.

As far as bowling goes, Hadlee and Davidson will open up with controlled swing at pace with excellent line and length posing batsmen plenty of questions with their varying lines of attack and delivery points. Miller and Younis will hit batsmen with more pace and heavy balls as well as swing once the new ball pair are tired. O'Reilly, Barrington, Clarke will all provide the spin with O'Reilly and Barrington being the preferred spin options every game and Clarke (and even Amla with his part time offspin) will fill in only on those very rare occassions when this great, great bowling line up has not bowled out the opposition in time. Overall, even looking at it as a 3rd person, I feel this side has the potential to be the champions time and time again if a league were to be played between teams selected in this draft. Honest Heroes will honestly rock. :)

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Never understand how some drafts just peter out when it comes to voting time. It's happened to me once before on here, really makes you wonder

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Could anyone organize a poll.I'm busy nowadays because of the exams!.We'll select a top 4 and then have semi finals.Could anyone do that for me??