• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is India's bowling attack a digrace at the moment, what do u think?

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
At the moment i think the indian bowling is a disgrace, they need to vastly improve on this particular area if they are to win a major trophy. On the other hand their batting is superb, among the best in the world without a doubt but to be champs i feel you need to be strong in all parts of the game.What do u people think beyond this particular issue? :lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't think too much of Balaji, Pathan and Bhandari (must add him now) and Agarkar continues to disappoint. Don't think much of Kartik.
If they can get back their batting of a year and a bit ago, they can undo any damage done by the bowling-attack.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
India's bowling attack is nowhere near as strong as their batting.

Look at why Australia is No.1 in Tests & ODI's, they have world class batsmen & bowlers in their lineups.

You can't just have a good batting side whilst you have a average bowling attack. Thats not the characteristics of a No.1 side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't really think this Indian side has the potential to be no. 1 in The World.
I would still back South Africa in a match-up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa has far better bowling and deeper batting, but not yet as good batting as India.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
Don't think too much of Balaji, Pathan and Bhandari (must add him now) and Agarkar continues to disappoint. Don't think much of Kartik.
If they can get back their batting of a year and a bit ago, they can undo any damage done by the bowling-attack.
Have you seen Pathan bowl Richard?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
South Africa has far better bowling and deeper batting, but not yet as good batting as India.
With Smith, Gibbs, Kirsten, Kallis and which ever youngster they choose, I think South Africa arn't hugely behind Chopra, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman. With Chopra, India have the same situation as South Africa in the young batsmen department. Sehwag is only occasionally sparkling as an opener, and Ganguly cannot be relied on all the time. Smith keeps thumping away the runs with Gibbs, Kallis is as immovable as Dravid and Kirsten has re-invented himself as a Number 3 and has become even more consistant!

It's not a huge gap.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
agarkar and pathan are quite talented for mine and will serve india for quite a few years to come, both swing the ball nicley

NikhilN

International Regular
there ok...they need zaheer and kumble and harb to be the best...but Pathan Agarkar and Balaji are doing good...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A disgrace? No. Unexperienced? Yes.

I think India have done well considering their two main strike bowlers (Zaheer and Harbahjan) are injured. Pathan is showing signs that he will grow into a great swing bowler, and I have faith in Balaji to get better as well. I don't think too much of Nehra but that's more because of his attitude rather than his bowling (although he has a really poor action).

Zaheer, Pathan, Agarkar and Harbahjan/Kumble isn't a disgraceful bowling line up in my opinion. Especially with Zaheer, Harbahjan and Pathan all being very young.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Kirsten has re-invented himself as a Number 3 and has become even more consistant!
I don't think that Kirsten will bat at number 3 again if Rudolph is in the side.

yohanna

Banned
If India's bowling lineup is disgrace at the moment then what was it before?

Face the facts, India's bowling lineup is not brilliant but its not that awful and is infact stronger than it was before.
In Zaheer and Pathan they have 2 good left armers, and Salvi and Balaji are decent back ups. Their spin dep in Kumble and Hub is also good.

They also have Ajit Agakar, but he's someone who is truely awful.Either awfully good or awfully bad.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
I think India's bowling looks pretty good when at full strength - Zaheer, Agarkar/Nehra/Pathan, and Kumble/Harbajahn - that's not bad is it?

really, the bowling only suffers by comparison with the batting, because, on most surfaces, the batting is so good......

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One cannot do much about the talent one has. The question whether India's bowling is a disgrace or not would not be determined by the talent but the effort they put in as in the case of any aspect of cricket of any team you look at.

Indians do try their best on the field which is satsifactory enough. I picked them as the team over Sri Lanka and Pakistan too coz of this very reason. Pakistan has a great bowling strength and yet they dont reach any where. Sri Lanka is almost a one man army. Compared to that, India has played conisderably well in the VB series dspite some batting collapses and despite the injuries to Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh.

So no question of India's bowling being a 'disgrace'

V Reddy

International Debutant
With the bowling attacks going around at the moment, India's attack IMO is quite good with AA, Zaheer , Pathan and Kumble and with Salvi , Balaji , Nehra , Bhandari and Harbhajan as backup. I rate Salvi quite highly but the injuries seem to be affecting his career.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Pratyush said:

Indians do try their best on the field which is satsifactory enough. I picked them as the team over Sri Lanka and Pakistan too coz of this very reason. Pakistan has a great bowling strength and yet they dont reach any where.
I think Pakistan is ranked higher in test matches rating than India and has been playing well in test matches lately.Don't see how you can say that they aren't playing as a team at test matches. They have beaten SA in Pak, NZ in Pak and NZ in NZ(in test matches) something which India wasn't able to do!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't think that Kirsten will bat at number 3 again if Rudolph is in the side.
If Rudolf doesn't cement his place at 3, Kirsten will get it back. Kirsten is back in the team now and it doesn't really matter where he bats, he's adapted to mid-order life very well and keeps making those 100s.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I always thought it was crap.Ashish nehra is crap and is tring to bowl like wasim akram but he cant,so is zaheer and he also cant.Why does everyone say that nehra was good when he got 6 wickets in the NIGHT against england in the world cup and it was swinging which he could do again.pathan will be like zaheer when he gets older as when zaheer was 19 everyone was talking about him being another wasim akram but the india attack has always been weak apart from the spinners harbajan who dances before he bowls and kumble who paid the umpires when he got 10 wickets against pak.But pakistan have the best bowler in the world akhtar and sami who is better then pathan,zaheer and nehra.Sami will improve and in a few yearswill be a danger to all batsman.shabbir is also better then the india attack.also saqlain is better then harbajan and kumble.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
imranrabb said:
kumble who paid the umpires when he got 10 wickets against pak.
yeah !!... and you videotaped the whole thing when it happened, right ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop making such stupid statements !!