• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is India's bowling attack a digrace at the moment, what do u think?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:
Do you deny that India's performance in last couple of years is better than it used to be ? :P
In what format of the game are you talking about?

In Onedayers India is clearly the second best team in the world, they were doing well even before the WC.However the same cannot be said about TEST cricket.The only good result that Indian team achieved in last couple of years in test series is against Aus, otherwise we have been doing poorly!

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
One cannot do much about the talent one has. The question whether India's bowling is a disgrace or not would not be determined by the talent but the effort they put in as in the case of any aspect of cricket of any team you look at.

Indians do try their best on the field which is satsifactory enough. I picked them as the team over Sri Lanka and Pakistan too coz of this very reason. Pakistan has a great bowling strength and yet they dont reach any where. Sri Lanka is almost a one man army. Compared to that, India has played conisderably well in the VB series dspite some batting collapses and despite the injuries to Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh.

So no question of India's bowling being a 'disgrace'
excuse me m8 i think we r debating on india as the main topic here if u wanna discuss sri lanka and pakistan im sure their are topics relevant to the point u r trying to make.

thank you

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
warrioryohannan said:
In what format of the game are you talking about?

In Onedayers India is clearly the second best team in the world, they were doing well even before the WC.However the same cannot be said about TEST cricket.The only good result that Indian team achieved in last couple of years in test series is against Aus, otherwise we have been doing poorly!
i think south africa r the current number 2 side in one day cricket based on the official one day rankings, if u aint seen em go to:

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NATIONAL/ICC/RATINGS/ICCODIC/

i hope this helps you warrioryouhannan

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:
Lol, judging by some of these posts, the Pakistan/India tour is going to be very fun indeed, no matter what the result is. :)
itz goin to be excellant,best tour of past few yrs or more 4 sure.
cant w8!!!!!! whether pakistan win series or india i will still enjoy it

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Oh !! Must be one of those Indians who still cheer for Pakistan.
From Warrior's history on here, that is one accusation you cannot level at him.

Being a realistic supporter of the Indian side is however, a very good description of him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
hyounis786 said:
excuse me m8 i think we r debating on india as the main topic here if u wanna discuss sri lanka and pakistan im sure their are topics relevant to the point u r trying to make.

thank you
Thank you for being Mr. Policeman. I didnt c any thing irrelevent in my comment. India's bowling isnt a disgrace and I think the point is made.

Thank you :S

Choora

State Regular
Sanz said:
No, I dont see any extra effor by any Indian player in an India-Pak game.
Then i guess you are "new" to Indo-pak games, the games between the two are played at a "different level".Ever wondered that even an ordinary game between the two is said to be crucial game for both team? Ever head an Indian saying that winning against Pakistan is more important than winning the WC? Can't you see the tense faces, the body language of both team when they are playing one another.If you still can't get it, then ask the commentators, the ex-players or any Indian fan and you will get the answer!

If one think that Pak or Indian team comes up withthe same ammount of effort while playing against each other or while playing against Bangladesh, then the guy is certainly living in a fool's paradise!

yohanna

Banned
hyounis786 said:

thank you

Hyounis..I think most of the ppl have answered your question, Indian bowling is certainly no disgace.

As far as Pakistan's performance goes - Dont even go there. A country which has not won a single test series in WI,Australia in last 55 years, and has not won a Test Series against Australia since 1994. India has reached finals of most of the tournaments it has played in recent times so 'Yes' we are consistent. As for our Rank - Well take a better look - we are moving up, You are moving down. And not to forget we have not played many Series against Bangladesh in recent times

What can one make of such comment? So much arrogance and ignorance from a team's fan that has 'just' started to do well.

Pakistan haven't won any series in Australia in Austalia in 55 years, but have ever India won a series in Australia??

Pakistan didn't win a series in WI( though they came very close to win it) , however India once defeated WI in WI in 70's. So does just that single win makes India a better team in history?

How many test matches have India won in SA? How many series have India won against Zimb in Zimb?

If not winning a series against WI in away tour a disgrace, then not winning an away series against a team like Zimb should be a bigger disgrace!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't think that Kirsten will bat at number 3 again if Rudolph is in the side.
All the more reason I hope Rudolph is dropped from the Test-side.
I personally think McKenzie and Van Jaarsveld are far better.
This:
Smith
Gibbs
Kirsten
Kallis
McKenzie
Van Jaarsveld
Boucher
Hall \ Klusener (!)
Pollock
is about as run-potential packed as this:
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Ganguly
Don't rate Patel, Chopra or Sehwag the opener as Test-class batsmen.
Hence I think South Africa have almost as good a batting and better bowling than India, hence I think they would beat the Indians home and away if they played to their potential (which of course happened in the most recent match-ups).

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
Thank you for being Mr. Policeman. I didnt c any thing irrelevent in my comment. India's bowling isnt a disgrace and I think the point is made.

Thank you :S
ok i get the point that u r making but chattin bout who is better pakistan.sri lanka or india is not relavant to this.

thank u :yawn:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Someone should change this thread topic to "Is India's and AUSTRALIA'S bowling been inconsistent?" because both teams have poor bowling records this summer, with a few exceptions....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
hyounis786 said:
ok i get the point that u r making but chattin bout who is better pakistan.sri lanka or india is not relavant to this.

thank u :yawn:
ok since u got my point.. no issues :S

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Rik said:
With Smith, Gibbs, Kirsten, Kallis and which ever youngster they choose, I think South Africa arn't hugely behind Chopra, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman. With Chopra, India have the same situation as South Africa in the young batsmen department. Sehwag is only occasionally sparkling as an opener, and Ganguly cannot be relied on all the time. Smith keeps thumping away the runs with Gibbs, Kallis is as immovable as Dravid and Kirsten has re-invented himself as a Number 3 and has become even more consistant!

It's not a huge gap.
IMO, I reckon overall South Africa is a better side than India.