• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We may have a radically different ODI top six, bar Dhawan and Kohli. They can open with Dhawan and Rohit, followed by Kohli, Dhoni, Raina and the other limited-overs player, for which there are plenty of options- they have Gurkeerat, Manoj Tiwary, Surya Yadav, Kedar Jadhav and Ishank Jaggi (or on form, Karun Nair).

Manoj Tiwary may just be the man to choose if mostly hitting big sixes is a priority- in the year 2014, he played 17 ODs, hit 25 big ones. For a better strike rate, you have the likes of Gurkeerat (who's more of an innings builder than a striker), who's been in form across two seasons, and also Kedar Jadhav, who's not been in the best of form lately. On present form, Mumbai's Suryakumar Yadav seems a good bet- a high FC average indicates he can build an innings too, and he too had a great 2014. This year, these blokes haven't had much action. Raina's turn of poor form is a matter of concern.

Karnataka opener Mayank Agarwal has been great in limited-overs cricket, over three years. Average over 50, strike rate over 100, should be enough to get him in ODIs as an occasional swap for Dhawan, and in the first T20I XI.

cnerd123

likes this
Definitely high time for India to explore their options.

Bhajji is 35, Mishra is 32, Axar/Binny/Ashwin/Jadeja wont cut it at 7, and we cant keep relying on Raina for late-innings fireworks.

Who do we play next? What does the A Team have in store? Gotta find some middle order batsmen and young spinners, and ideally a limited-overs allrounder.

With MSD seemingly a lock at 4 till 2017 atleast, and with Kohli not likely to be shifted from 3 again anytime soon, positions 5-6-7 need filling. Rahane is a gem but he wont do for that role, and Rohit has been tried and failed there + is killing it as an opener.

Tricky times for the ODI side. All the best young talents are top-order batsmen. I think the key here is to identify someone who has the skills to bat 5-6-7 and begin to groom them.

cnerd123

likes this
I still wanna try Rahane/MSD/Kohli for atleast 10-15 ODIs btw. Really think Kohli has all the skills needed to be an excellent number 5; more so than any other batsmen available to us.

Uthappa, Jadhav and Tiwary are good stop-gap solutions, but unless we can identify youngsters who can take their place by 2019 there really is no point in playing them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah and I stil think Binny is worth a look as a hitter at 7 with few decent overs of medium pace. I never thought we would see the day but boy can we use a Robin Singh type player right now in the side..

Niall

International Coach
BCCI-PCB talks hit by anti-Pakistan protest | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This India v Pakistan series doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Would a series in England not be something they should be looking for? I know Pakistan pissed off the ECB hugely last time they were in England and the tests with Australia lost money, but a series if a little shorter than what would most like should get a lot of counties excited?

I dunno, maybe 2 tests, 3 odis and a few t20's?

cnerd123

likes this
BCCI-PCB talks hit by anti-Pakistan protest | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This India v Pakistan series doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Would a series in England not be something they should be looking for? I know Pakistan pissed off the ECB hugely last time they were in England and the tests with Australia lost money, but a series if a little shorter than what would most like should get a lot of counties excited?

I dunno, maybe 2 tests, 3 odis and a few t20's?
Are you asking about a potential Pakistan vs England series in the Indian Cricket Tea Lounge?

Also wouldn't take the Shiv Sena too seriously tbh.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, Jadeja is back. Hoping that this latest comeback is not a failure and he is back for good into the team. He is the lower order hitting allrounder that India needs.

Niall

International Coach
Are you asking about a potential Pakistan vs England series in the Indian Cricket Tea Lounge?

Also wouldn't take the Shiv Sena too seriously tbh.
My bad, was in a rush with previous post.

No a possible India v Pakistan series in England. I'd be sure that plenty of counties would love the income it would generate.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
UAE is an option. Either way I'd love nothing more than an India Pakistan Test right now.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, Jadeja is back. Hoping that this latest comeback is not a failure and he is back for good into the team. He is the lower order hitting allrounder that India needs.
Another routine day at office for Jadeja. 5th consecutive 5-wicket haul in 5 innings with 4 of them 6 or more wickets. First failure with the bat this season though in the first innings.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Another routine day at office for Jadeja. 5th consecutive 5-wicket haul in 5 innings with 4 of them 6 or more wickets. First failure with the bat this season though in the first innings.
Don't get carried away with the numbers. The pitches in Rajkot are square turners, his home curators are just offering a perfect chance for him to make a comeback, look at the scores of these matches. It'll be the same story again in his comeback games, Jadeja scoring useless runs on flat wickets and doing well with the ball only when the pitch offers enough help.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yea the pitches are minefileds and rank turners while he's taking his wickets, and then flattens out when he comes in to bat. They then turn into dustbowls when he bowls again. His runs and wickets mean nothing.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Yea the pitches are minefileds and rank turners while he's taking his wickets, and then flattens out when he comes in to bat. They then turn into dustbowls when he bowls again. His runs and wickets mean nothing.
Have no problem with Jadeja, but he needs to be given a break, let him struggle a bit in domestic cricket and improve on his bowling. Have to give him complete credit for the runs scored(although 91 against a weak Tripura bowling lineup doesnt count), but he is a seasoned player and you expect him to do well at the domestic level, it would have been nice to see Jadeja being tested in conditions that don't suit him. Sure he will do well in home conditions on turning tracks(and almost all our spinners can do the job in these conditions), but it'll be the same story again, he will get smashed when there is no turn and his performance on pitches that aren't good for batting is there to see(not talking about domestic cricket here).

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Five consecutive 5-wicket hauls is no joke, regardless of the conditions. And by all reports he is back to his best form - or atleast really close to it.