• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ODIs yes, T20 I don't think has ever been his game. If someone else makes a decent case, I'd be tempted to replace him. He might do better on Australian pitches though so there's that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyone watching the Syed Musthaq Ali Tourney finals? HUUUUGE crowd, amazing atmosphere (as good as any IPL game) and some quality players from both teams (Karnataka Vs TN).. Almost 170K watching per HotStar figures too.

Daemon

I see Shahrukh Khan has given up on KKR and started opening the batting for Tamil Nadu instead

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone watching the Syed Musthaq Ali Tourney finals? HUUUUGE crowd, amazing atmosphere (as good as any IPL game) and some quality players from both teams (Karnataka Vs TN).. Almost 170K watching per HotStar figures too.
I'm watching the football, how did Devdutt look? I love the little guy

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. for starters he is extremely tall. :) He has all the tools as a batsman at least for the white ball formats. Personally disappointed at his lack of game sense though. But its obviously still early years for him. Can very well shape up to be the future opener for us.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Came across a remarkable piece of news, a new stadium in Mohali. This is a city which always struggles to bring crowd to the venue. Tests are played before empty stands and incredibly enough, even a few IPL matches are only half filled. Why a new stadium in the middle of paddy fields then? If BCCI mandarins are feeling fiscally reckless then maybe consider Gurgaon?

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Shocked to see not a word on the massive and all important Ranji trophy that commenced today.

Shaw with a typically nitro boosted start but out for 66 to a peach. He'll need massive 100s and not just pretty 50s this season. Padikkal holding up the Karnataka innings right now, impressive.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Love that Wasim Jaffer is still chugging along for yet another season.

Will actually probably try to follow the Ranji Trophy a bit closer this season. As much for CricSim as anything else admittedly, but still it should be interesting

morgieb

Will actually probably try to follow the Ranji Trophy a bit closer this season. As much for CricSim as anything else admittedly, but still it should be interesting
His last two seasons have been flat out sensational too.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Padikkal departs for a well compiled 78 with a SR in low 40s. Fine Dravid impression.

Dravid himself has pulled a fast one on UP and Mumbai teams, taking Yashashvi and Garg for the dog and pony show that is U19 cricket. He's been vomiting all year about how important FC cricket is instead of U19 but when it came walking the talk? Weak.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Padikkal departs for a well compiled 78 with a SR in low 40s. Fine Dravid impression.

Dravid himself has pulled a fast one on UP and Mumbai teams, taking Yashashvi and Garg for the dog and pony show that is U19 cricket. He's been vomiting all year about how important FC cricket is instead of U19 but when it came walking the talk? Weak.
lol smart argument champ

international exposure > fc games that can be played by them for the next 15 years

under dravid's setup you can't play in the u19 system for more than one u19 wc so they won't be disturbed by being called up for youth games after this anyway so yeah you are vewy vewy smort

OverratedSanity

Wish we'd recalled him last season for the overseas tours tbh.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
lol smart argument champ

international exposure > fc games that can be played by them for the next 15 years

under dravid's setup you can't play in the u19 system for more than one u19 wc so they won't be disturbed by being called up for youth games after this anyway so yeah you are vewy vewy smort
What's with the infantile vocalization? I only questioned Dravid, not like I molested your gf, unless Dravid's your only romantic interest and the one you get a hardon for?

Welcome to disagree but go easy on snark.

Going back to topic, of course, it's Dravid himself who has highlighted multiple times that FC cricket is a step above the sophomore convention that is U19 WC. Garg had a hugely productive debut season last year and Yash absolutely dominated in LA matches. Why then would they be demoted to a lower level of comp when they can grow as batsmen playing with men? International exposure in this case is no better than polishing turd given the level of competition on show. More important is to have the best talents available for Ranji.

Daemon

What's with the infantile vocalization? I only questioned Dravid, not like I molested your gf, unless Dravid's your only romantic interest and the one you get a hardon for?

Welcome to disagree but go easy on snark.

Going back to topic, of course, it's Dravid himself who has highlighted multiple times that FC cricket is a step above the sophomore convention that is U19 WC. Garg had a hugely productive debut season last year and Yash absolutely dominated in LA matches. Why then would they be demoted to a lower level of comp when they can grow as batsmen playing with men? International exposure in this case is no better than polishing turd given the level of competition on show. More important is to have the best talents available for Ranji.
Meet Shri.

As for the 2nd bit, is selection entirely in the hands of Dravid?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wish we'd recalled him last season for the overseas tours tbh.
Jaffar has a very similar technique to Laxman. And there was a reason Laxman did not work out as an opener or even as #3 in overseas conditions. There was a reason Dinesh Karthik was rated as the more correct opener by Gavaskar of all people during that 2007 England tour win. He would have been just as bad as the guys we did try.