• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeamUp

International Coach
DOes anyone here know much about Abhimanyu Easwaran? Sounds like he would be a safe bet as a test opener who can replace Vijay eventually.
He is a solid player. Long touted as a future great in the making in Bengal cricket circles. Bengal's most promising young player.
Why isn't Abhimanyu Ranganathanparmashwaran Easwaran in the current India A team ? :D

SeamUp

International Coach
Actually quite a few of the India A 4-day batsmen are protected from IPL - would I be right in saying that ?

Hanuma Vihari
Ankit Bawne
Abhimanyu Easwaran
Ravi Samarth
Srikar Bharat ?

Prithvi Shaw , Mayanck Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer obviously have been regular players this past season.

What you guys make of Karun Nair being the reserve-reserve in England ?

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
He is in the India A squad; he is the only one among those benched for the first game, also benched for this game.
Dravid gives a chance to every one in the squad; I suspect he may not have been fully fit.

Incidentally, watched till tea yesterday, and Olivier bowled well in the morning session, without too much luck.
From the score card, I see that he has ripped through the Indian middle and lower order today; ending up with 6/63.

Borges

International Regular
Actually quite a few of the India A 4-day batsmen are protected from IPL - would I be right in saying that ?
They are not protected; some of them weren't picked, and others who were picked were not in the playing elevens.

Don't think he is very good; still riding on a cheap (maiden) triple century that he scored against England at home.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we go down 2-0 or 3-0 and the current batch of batsmen haven't figured it out, we may as well give guys like Iyer, Shaw and Pant the trial by fire. Vihari too, why not. Maybe one of these young hungry inform guys does something
Iyer is shocking against the moving ball as he displayed against Sri Lanka.

OverratedSanity

Dravid needs to drill some of what he did into the kids ffs. Even if they retain 30% of his pointers, they'll be acceptable.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Hanuma Vihari
Ankit Bawne
Abhimanyu Easwaran
Ravi Samarth
Srikar Bharat ?

Prithvi Shaw , Mayanck Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer obviously have been regular players this past season.

I don't think so. More a case of bad talent spotting.

Daemon

Pandey with 233 runs so far in 3 games and yet to be dismissed.

Pretty high quality A series imo.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
It will be a toss up between Pandey and Kedhar Jadhav to replace Suresh Raina. Pandey is a good fielder, in form. Jadhav can bowl. Will be a very tight call.
Yea Pandey would be an awesome number 4 for the ODI team if it weren't for MSD sticking around.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Shreyas Iyer is completely out of the reckoning I believe

Hanuma Vihari
Ankit Bawne
Abhimanyu Easwaran
Ravi Samarth
Srikar Bharat ?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Somehow, I have never believed in Pandey since Day 1. Let us see if he proves me wrong in future. He doesn't fit into this Indian set-up.

Niall

International Coach
Somehow, I have never believed in Pandey since Day 1. Let us see if he proves me wrong in future. He doesn't fit into this Indian set-up.
Comes across as another top order accumulator to me which is not an area India are lacking.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Siraj always seems to be taking wickets. Has anyone watched him bowl?
Checked briefly in the quadrangular cup recently - it seems to me that his natural pace is actually 130ish but he can increase it at the cost of line/length to 140ish. That increase is probably why he got slaughtered every time he played international T20s.