• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pujara has been playing quite well in the one-day cup - has scored 75*, 101, 73 and 82 in his last four innings. He’s even said he wants to make a return to the ODI team - do you guys reckon there’s any chance he will?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hard to see. Maybe he should get a shot in the near future. Could slot in at number 3 for a game or two. Kohli at 4, KL at 5.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He'll have a decent average in the long term imo but we don't need someone doing that at a strike rate of 80 in the top 3 given our strength there

cnerd123

likes this
Has anyone actually seen these innings?

For all we know Che is switch hitting, slog sweeping, dil scooping his way to all these runs in obscurity but this whole facet of his game is being ignored.

Daemon

Has anyone actually seen these innings?

For all we know Che is switch hitting, slog sweeping, dil scooping his way to all these runs in obscurity but this whole facet of his game is being ignored.
I did watch part of the 80 odd because my Sky streem was showing that instead of the IPL.

Lets just say it was vintage 2010 'I average 50 in ODIs' Trottesque

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Kohli has a problem with Pujara's SR in Tests where he usually scores more runs than Kohli. There's no way he would ever let him close to the LO teams no matter how many dil scoops he hits

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I guess that’s true lol... who do you think should be India’s lead fast bowlers (like starting XI) in the test series against England later this year?
Personally I’d have Bhuvi, Bumrah, Ishant and Umesh Yadav. Would normally have Shami as a definite in the starting XI but Umesh’s IPL turned things around for me

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Hardik, Ashwin should be the starting XI. Then you can chop and change as per performance/fitness and conditions

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Given that Rahane who's a better LO batsman is out of the reckoning for the World Cup, I'd say Pujara has zero chance.
Rahane has never done well in LO cricket, he never plays those impact innings and usually goes out of steam if he occupies the crease for long. He hasn't been outstanding even in domestic LO games, Pujara would have done better than him if he was given than many chances, but he isn't the best fielder either and we have other options.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Hardik-Bhuvi-Umesh-Kuldeep-Bumrah

Kuldeep is a great option IMO, he is very difficult to pick and generates plenty of turn, when it comes to teams like England and SA, he can do well regardless of the conditions.

Daemon

I'm genuinely surprised at how Hardik's bowling has come along. It's almost becoming his better suit.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I'm genuinely surprised at how Hardik's bowling has come along. It's almost becoming his better suit.
Good for him, it'll allow him to play with freedom with the bat. Being a hard-hitting lower order batsman is tough and he will always have these long periods where runs won't come that easily, his contributions as a bowler and fielder will keep his position secure in the side.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would pick Kuldeep and Jadeja for away tests and give Kuldeep an extended run. Don't keep dropping him like Ashwin.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I would pick Kuldeep and Jadeja for away tests and give Kuldeep an extended run. Don't keep dropping him like Ashwin.
Kuldeep is great, but why Jadeja? I am not against him, but if you are looking at a steady spin bowler who can bat, Axar needs to be given a few chances now.

Jadeja is a one-dimensional bowler, and that is the reason why he becomes so useless when the pitch doesn't offer any support. Axar can give the ball a decent flight and also keep it flat and tidy whenever required. I don't think he is that great when it comes to T20s, but he can be useful in 50-over and test cricket. He needs to be given a long run like Jadeja, these bits and pieces opportunities do more harm than good.

Hardik at 7, Axar at 8 and Bhuvi at 9 seems like a decent lower order too. They can send Bhuvi at number 8 if Kuldeep is playing.

Last edited: