• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
so indian team which doesnt need any coaches from some povs to comprising of shastri, bangar, dravid, zaheer to who not
Bangar was always there - batting coach. They also always had a bowling coach.
Dravid will just be there for the overseas tours and this obviously was done in view of India's overseas schedules starting with the South Africa series later this year.

3 full time coaches including head coach - that's pretty much the standard for all teams these days.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is terrible. Make him coach also and tie his hands so. Terrible stuff from Ganguly Dravid and Sachin. IMG-20170713-WA0006.jpg

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not that bad, Prats. Calm the **** down.

Bangar has always been there and knows the limits of his role well. Dravid wouldn't dream of interfering. Zaheer is the bowling consultant and has no power. There is one major base of decision making and that's Shastri-Kohli who seem to gel well.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nice. When Kohli ****s up the 2019 WC run, he will be kicked out along with Shastri. Its less than two years away from happening, should be good.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zaheer should be involved enough that his knowledge of how to bowl in swinging conditions helps our bowlers, but not involved enough to the extent where his piss poor work ethic rubs off on them. Bowling consultant sounds ideal for that.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India always had a bowling coach, even when Shastri was Director of Cricket the first time. Pretty sure it will be the same lines of demarcation now.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangar was always there - batting coach. They also always had a bowling coach.
Dravid will just be there for the overseas tours and this obviously was done in view of India's overseas schedules starting with the South Africa series later this year.

3 full time coaches including head coach - that's pretty much the standard for all teams these days.
Yeah head coach along with bowling and batting consultants are pretty much norm. I was referring to the guys who said India doesnot need coaches at this level like Kapil dev said it

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not that bad, Prats. Calm the **** down.

Bangar has always been there and knows the limits of his role well. Dravid wouldn't dream of interfering. Zaheer is the bowling consultant and has no power. There is one major base of decision making and that's Shastri-Kohli who seem to gel well.
No it's quite bad. Shastri wants his own support staff as per the screenshot I posted. There was a rumour there would be a bigwig he would bring soon. One wonders why the committee went beyond their power of appointing the coach to appoint advisers which they were not supposed to do. A coach needs his own men, it helps him function the way he intends to. Even Sehwag had suggested that he would bring his own men, which is reasonable really.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought only the BCCI, the Indian Cricket Team, and the Supreme Court can mess up something that was not broken this bad. Then I see what is happening with CA and the Australian cricketers.. :laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This isn't my wish. It is just what it has been. You can't appoint a coach and choose the support staff. Ganguly, Sachin and Dravid went beyond their powers and it was really not nice of them to appoint the support staff.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There has been news around that it was basically Ganguly who wanted anyone but Shastri and has been the case since last year for whatever reason against Sachin, Kohli and everyone else being pro Shastri. Apparently Sachin convinced Shastri to apply, and Ganguly tried hard to ensure Shastri wont take it by first choosing the support staff for Shastri and then trying to delay the announcement saying he needed to talk to Kohli. VVS stayed out since Moody was involved, which was very convenient to help him stay neutral I think. The CAC is just a mess and honestly, the more I see and hear what Ganguly has to say, the more I feel we should keep him away from such committees as much as possible. Its fine if he is elected president of the CAB, but lets not have him in these committees. Very conveniently overlooked conflict of interest there too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The problem for me is that this isn't a full time job like say Strauss for England. They come, meet, go back to their million other things, come back, and so on. Ganguly is dominant personality and wants his way and so is Kohli. We can't have two people who want to impose their views like this. A captain should get freedom and so should coach. The idea of a committee is good. However, then we have another committee appointed by the supreme court which has veto powers sort of. The tussles should end, else 2019 is going to end in disaster like 2007.