• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
Weird that Giant makes the OD side but not the 4 day.
he's in both

For the tri-series: Manish Pandey (capt), Mandeep Singh, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Deepak Hooda, Karun Nair, Krunal Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), Vijay Shankar, Axar Patel,Yuzvendra Chahal, Jayant Yadav, Basil Thampi, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Siddarth Kaul

For the four-day games: Karun Nair (capt), Priyank Panchal, Abhinav Mukund, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Sudip Chatterjee, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hanuma Vihari, Jayant Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Aniket Choudhary, Ankit Rajpoot

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Upendranath Bramhachari applied after being angry Kumble was sacked apparently. He mailed a 2-3 line email and is now one of the ten candidates. Classic.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Who would you guys like as the coach ideally? Pybus I suppose given the track record... Or possibly Moody as he has worked with Indian players in the IPL. I'll lean towards Moody actually. Laxman has worked with Moody so he would have some good words regarding Moody I am sure.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Who would you guys like as the coach ideally? Pybus I suppose given the track record... Or possibly Moody as he has worked with Indian players in the IPL. I'll lean towards Moody actually. Laxman has worked with Moody so he would have some good words regarding Moody I am sure.
Pybus is very demanding type of coach from the players as well as board. Not sure if he fits the bill unless he learned to suck up to situation

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's just two years for the world cup, I am not sure it's enough time to make huge changes. However, the Indian team has issues like batting and there has to be a realisation of the same and then working towards making that strong side. We did it with Kirsten, failed miserably with Chappell. I don't think Shastri is the answer as he will maintain status quo without improving upon any thing. We need some new ideas and insights.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
It's just two years for the world cup, I am not sure it's enough time to make huge changes. However, the Indian team has issues like batting and there has to be a realisation of the same and then working towards making that strong side. We did it with Kirsten, failed miserably with Chappell. I don't think Shastri is the answer as he will maintain status quo without improving upon any thing. We need some new ideas and insights.
I feel Moody will do a good job

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I have no idea what Shastri brings to the table. Just hear more bluster from him during interviews.

I mean sure the committee could just go "Okay, Kohli, this is all on you. Have your favourite guy and let's see how well the team does under the two of you", but that's not the best way of dong things.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sack Kohli as captain, throw all the dollars at Kirsten and get him back and make Bhuvi captain, the only level headed guy in the side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would not mind Moody as a head coach and maybe a Kumble/Shastri type can run the cricket a la Strauss for England overall. I feel the CAC won't do that though coz then it would be like the only thing they do is also not needed. :laugh:

FWIW, I feel Moody is the best of the candidates to have applied so far too, but I also think Simmons could do a good job if given the chance.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, CW public consensus is Moody which is the same for me too. But, I think Shastri will win. For me, anyone except him is ok.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just smells super fishy now that Ganguly is publicly saying that he wants to check with Virat. I hope CAC is not under some sort of agenda to bring in their team mates who have no experience as a coach, every single time. Maybe Ganguly just wants to ensure its not Shastri so bad now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, it seems weird to me. It might just be that the selection committee wants to have Kohli on the same page given the Kumble fiasco.

By the way, don't like your idea of having shastri as director and some one else as coach like in England. In England, the roles are clearly defined. If we have two appointees, it will just be a power struggle between them.