• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Would it not be better with a points system for both runs and wickets, in the event of a draw? Team with most bonus points wins Ranji Trophy.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I think that would be better

But they probably have some semi-valid reason for doing it this way - maybe something to do with the wide variety of pitches in India and how any point system would benefit teams in certain conditions over others.

Also doesn't solve what to do with knockout games

cnerd123

likes this
Mumbai putting the foot on the gas now.

They need to get a sizeable lead sometime tomorrow by lunch and then hope to bowl Gujarat out in 2 session. I'm rooting for them.

S.Kennedy

I suppose no bigger evidence as to players not turning up is needed, than that at the same time as this Final, Rahane was playing for 'India A' in a warm-up ODI against England.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would it not be better with a points system for both runs and wickets, in the event of a draw? Team with most bonus points wins Ranji Trophy.
Surely in that case, the team scoring more in the first innings will get more bonus points anyway though? It would be a pretty ****ed up points system to produce anything else?

S.Kennedy

Surely in that case, the team scoring more in the first innings will get more bonus points anyway though? It would be a pretty ****ed up points system to produce anything else?
Not necessarily and you'd have points for wickets also. It has to be better than the current system which seems to produce stodge (although I suppose it does encourage the team behind on 1st innings runs to go for broke).

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Mumbai bossing it here. Dabholkar and Gohil should spin them some wickets on Day 5. Just need 100 more runs.

cnerd123

likes this
Wait this game goes to a day 5?

WTF were Gujarat playing at then. All this time I thought today was the last day