• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I think it is more an indictment of our lack of power hitters. I wouldn't grudge Yuvraj his chance. Let him have a go in Australia and if it does work out I would love having him in the team. An ATG LOI player.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
If India can find a decent seam bowling allrounder to bat six in tests instead of Binny (perhaps Vijay 'Vendakkai Sambar' Shankar) is the man, I think they will have a seriously good test team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Skip to 1:02:27

nailed viru getting out. sachin's one was a bit weak. he has the bowling actions pretty spot on as well.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Why the hell is Cricinfo adding riders about the umpiring for Kumble's 10/74? I have seen the highlights for that numerous times and the only one that maybe not out seems to be the Afridi decision and even that is not a shocker by any means. ****ing gets on the nerves.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I thought the umpiring was worse in the first innings when India bowled but yeah, whatever, its crapinfo... They put riders about the SA series just now too.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Looks like Barinder Sran is in line for an ODI debut tomorrow. Interesting stuff from the selectors to leapfrog him in front of quite a few other options. The kid has only played 8 List A games and 11 first class matches, and it looks like he's going to open the bowling to Warner and Finch.

cnerd123

likes this
Tbf wouldn't be the worst thing if Sran got a few games here. This series is meaningless and if they feel he has potential to be a member of the 2019 lineup then the experience is worth it.

Also I'm a big Mohit fan and dont understand why people don't like him. If Rishi bowls like Mohit then I'm excited.

Daemon

Tbf wouldn't be the worst thing if Sran got a few games here. This series is meaningless and if they feel he has potential to be a member of the 2019 lineup then the experience is worth it.

Also I'm a big Mohit fan and dont understand why people don't like him. If Rishi bowls like Mohit then I'm excited.
I think Mohit is alright as a 3rd seamer because of that awkward length he bowls, but Dhawan is less accurate and slower. He's just a 10-0-80-0 waiting to happen.

cnerd123

likes this
Sigh. Does he atleast get swing? Maybe we can get 5-6 cheap overs out of him with the new ball, ala Binny. And maybe a few overs in the middle of the innings with 5 men back if he can bowl slow cutters.

Niall

International Coach
Sigh. Does he atleast get swing? Maybe we can get 5-6 cheap overs out of him with the new ball, ala Binny. And maybe a few overs in the middle of the innings with 5 men back if he can bowl slow cutters.
From what I seen in the IPL, I'd be doubtful and medium pacers don't really do well in Australia, but we wait and see.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The real question is can he actually improve as both a batsman and a bowler from this experience? If that happens, and we get an Abdul Razzaq lite out of him, I would say this entire series was worth it.

OverratedSanity

Why the hell is Cricinfo adding riders about the umpiring for Kumble's 10/74? I have seen the highlights for that numerous times and the only one that maybe not out seems to be the Afridi decision and even that is not a shocker by any means. ****ing gets on the nerves.

Yeah I thought the umpiring was worse in the first innings when India bowled but yeah, whatever, its crapinfo... They put riders about the SA series just now too.
What're riders?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
EVery time they mentioned about a spell from that series in the recent best performances of the year article, it was "yeah the pitches were bad and not good for cricket, blah blah blah"... Just the usual tripe they serve up.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What're riders?
Basically adding a qualifier to the achievement. In the recent greatest performances article they had mentioned that Kumble's ten wicket haul was a great achievement despite the poor pitch and bad (meaning biased here) umpiring. I really do not see any bad umpiring in that video.