Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1636
Like Tree716Likes

Thread: Indian Cricket Tea Lounge

  1. #181
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    17,998
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Five consecutive 5-wicket hauls is no joke, regardless of the conditions. And by all reports he is back to his best form - or atleast really close to it.
    Kinda missing his hack innings tbh
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  2. #182
    State Vice-Captain karan316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Five consecutive 5-wicket hauls is no joke, regardless of the conditions. And by all reports he is back to his best form - or atleast really close to it.
    Yaa, but he should have played the whole domestic season, would have been interesting to see him against stronger teams in less helpful conditions. He needs to be tested.
    Last edited by karan316; 23-10-2015 at 02:10 AM.
    Wrong Time No See.

  3. #183
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    22,849
    Would be interesting, but why wait when we can see him in action against in a Test against SA? It's not like Mishra and Bhajji are doing great as the second spinner in the Test side anyways.

    Might even see Ashwin/Mishra/Jadeja as a three pronged spin attack

  4. #184
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    32,807
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Would be interesting, but why wait when we can see him in action against in a Test against SA? It's not like Mishra and Bhajji are doing great as the second spinner in the Test side anyways.

    Might even see Ashwin/Mishra/Jadeja as a three pronged spin attack
    Huh? You did see how awesome mishra was in SL didn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.


  5. #185
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    17,998
    Not dropping Mishra for Sir, unless he dropped something on that woman.

  6. #186
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,079
    Play Sir as the all rounder, and Ashwin and Mishra can be your frontline spinners with whatever 2 pacers you choose.

  7. #187
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    29,957
    Nah, Jadeja shouldn't have been back. Certainly not so soon after he was dropped, if ever for tests.

  8. #188
    International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,942
    Ashwin, Jadeja, Mishra, Bhuvi all can bat. So it ll make sense to have the 3-pronged spin attack in Indian conditions.

    Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane Saha Jadeja Ashwin Mishra Umesh Ishant.

    Back up fast bowler: Bhuvi
    Back up spinner: Bhajji
    Back up opener: Rahul
    Back up middle order batsman: Rohit

    This squad looks strong to me in the sub-continent.

  9. #189
    International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,942
    Sir update: 7/60 this innings scripting a superb turnaround for his team. 6 consecutive 5 wicket hauls in 6 innings. 5 daddies. Looks like its the world record in first class matches for consecutive hauls. No harm trying him now for the tests against SA when his confidence is high.

  10. #190
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    32,807
    I'm never a fan of playing 3 spinners. On a normal pitch, play your lead spinner (Ashwin). On a turner, play your two best spinners (Ashwin, Mishra). Even if it's a rank square turner, you don't really need the third option anyway as the two you have should be able to do the job anyway, and having a third inferior one in Jadeja might only end up taking away overs which could've been bowled by the other 2, as captains feel obligated to bowl all options available.

    If Ashwin and/or Mishra are unavailable, we might have to go for Jadeja/Harbhajan. That's a pretty scary thought tbh. You can never know what to expect from those two.

  11. #191
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    24,003
    Sir tears up FC, should not be brought back. Bhajji gets tonked in FC, should be back for tests coz he has done it before. #pratterslogic
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  12. #192
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    24,003
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I'm never a fan of playing 3 spinners. On a normal pitch, play your lead spinner (Ashwin). On a turner, play your two best spinners (Ashwin, Mishra). Even if it's a rank square turner, you don't really need the third option anyway as the two you have should be able to do the job anyway, and having a third inferior one in Jadeja might only end up taking away overs which could've been bowled by the other 2, as captains feel obligated to bowl all options available.

    If Ashwin and/or Mishra are unavailable, we might have to go for Jadeja/Harbhajan. That's a pretty scary thought tbh. You can never know what to expect from those two.

    But you are just being silly here. The suggestion is to play Sir ahead of Binny, not one of the spinners. Unless you think Binny is either a better test batsman or bowler than Sir, it is obvious why we should pick Sir for the #7 slot.
    zorax likes this.

  13. #193
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    32,807
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    But you are just being silly here. The suggestion is to play Sir ahead of Binny, not one of the spinners. Unless you think Binny is either a better test batsman or bowler than Sir, it is obvious why we should pick Sir for the #7 slot.
    Did you not read the part where I said how picking a third spinner eats into potential overs from the lead two of Ashwin and Mishra? If we have two spinners in the team in SC conditions, we don't need a fifth bowler imo and should just opt for a proper no.6.

  14. #194
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    24,003
    Yeah sorry missed that part somehow. But if you think we should pick a 6th batsman, I can see the argument. I will still play 3 spinners though, coz over a 4 test series, even spinners get tired.

  15. #195
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    29,957
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I'm never a fan of playing 3 spinners. On a normal pitch, play your lead spinner (Ashwin). On a turner, play your two best spinners (Ashwin, Mishra). Even if it's a rank square turner, you don't really need the third option anyway as the two you have should be able to do the job anyway, and having a third inferior one in Jadeja might only end up taking away overs which could've been bowled by the other 2, as captains feel obligated to bowl all options available.

    If Ashwin and/or Mishra are unavailable, we might have to go for Jadeja/Harbhajan. That's a pretty scary thought tbh. You can never know what to expect from those two.
    Would prefer Ojha to be back if both Ashwin and Mishra are unavailable. With Ojha, you know what you will get. He has been working hard and bowling well for Bengal.

Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lords Lounge..
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8600
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. twctopcat commemorative lounge
    By Hoggy31 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 19-03-2009, 10:05 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-03-2008, 06:33 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-07-2007, 04:12 AM
  5. Lounge Cricket
    By Kimbo in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-05-2002, 03:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •