• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Looks like cricket only begins in the new year now. I thought India-Pakistan relations had actually improved and there was a good chance for the proposed series to take place, but that's not happening now.

First up, is the tour to Australia. 5 ODIs and 3 T20Is. Shouldn't it be the reverse with more T20Is and less ODIs? With the World T20 coming up, I see little reason to be playing JAMODIs.

Any views on what the playing XI will be? Here's my take:

1. Rohit
2. Dhawan
3. Kohli
4. Rahane
5. Raina
6. MSD
7. Jadeja
8. Ashwin
9. Bhuvi
10. Shami (if he's back to fitness)
11. Umesh

It's a bit stale and if Raina doesn't click, there isn't much firepower. I wish we could find someone explosive for #6 or #7. If we can find someone who can bowl a bit, we can drop one of the seamers and get 10 overs out of the new player and Raina.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes *****. 2 out of 6 million people on the same forum in the same country, what are the odds.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I crossed over HK 3 times when I was shuttling between Chennai and Shanghai last year... Too bad you aren't in ML China...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I did go to China and was there for a week or so. Got given some fake notes by the cab driver which they wouldn't take at the multiplex. Did manage to watch the movie though. Enjoyed some nice caramel popcorn. Small theater with around 60 people. Fabulous experience.

PS - the streets weren't half as crowded as the ones in Kolkata.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did go to China and was there for a week or so. Got given some fake notes by the cab driver which they wouldn't take at the multiplex. Did manage to watch the movie though. Enjoyed some nice caramel popcorn. Small theater with around 60 people. Fabulous experience.

PS - the streets weren't half as crowded as the ones in Kolkata.
Glad you enjoyed the street space of millions of unborn babies

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
At least it wasn't Bangladeshis who have just been taken in for vote bank politics who keep fighting and shouting in the loudest voices at 11 PM below my house.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

At least it wasn't Bangladeshis who have just been taken in for vote bank politics who keep fighting and shouting in the loudest voices at 11 PM below my house.
Well you have to expect some protesters at your house if you keep saying such things.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's all over the city. The number of people in the city footpaths has increased 3-4 times as they are just allowed in because of vote bank politics. I am not against refugees given rehabilitation or any thing of the sort. However, the policies suck at the moment. There are a number of ****y ones at the moment. The government has put a law whereby any one can put on a stall in a footpath and claim that property as theirs. Any one who paints their buildings blue and white (government colours) gets a tax concession. Flyovers are being built all over the city in an unplanned way and infiltrating on personal property. The land acquisition act has been a sham for ages, any ways whereby the government just takes the property of citizens as it deems fit. But, not I just have to keep saying we are a great nation? Heh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is a flyover which has been built literally half a feet from my home. My whole verandah which is quite large has been covered by the flyover. There are so many hawkers right below who illegally take the electricity and run stalls and throw rubbish below the home. It's not great tbh.

harsh.ag

There is a flyover which has been built literally half a feet from my home. My whole verandah which is quite large has been covered by the flyover. There are so many hawkers right below who illegally take the electricity and run stalls and throw rubbish below the home. It's not great tbh.
Invest in their business. And give them some Swatchh Bharat pamphlets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Teams for Australia tour announced

T20I squad: MS Dhoni (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Harbhajan Singh, Umesh Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra

ODI squad: MS Dhoni (capt), R Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Gurkeerat Singh, Rishi Dhawan, Brainder Sran

Thoughts? And Starting XIs? A slew of changes from the squads that played against RSA.. Feel Yuvi would be a better fit for the ODI squad as of now, but the focus is on the WT20..