• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There was some highlights video I watched a few years back in a India -Australia match in mid 80s (india down under or something like that). The batsman was Srikanth I think. He square drove the ball straight to a 20 year old Steve Waugh at point who dropped it, picked it up and claimed the catch. In the mean time, TOTAB, his captain, was arguing with the umpire on why that should been given out :laugh:
LMAO just watched this. Pathetic on all fronts. And not in a company of one as far as the Australian Cricket Team goes either.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Aussies play so fair they expect a gentleman's agreement to take fielder's word on whether catch is taken cleanly.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am pretty sure it is to counterbalance his own appealing for clear not outs.
I don't really give a **** about most of the other stuff as I think it's a fair argument that Steve Waugh is a bit of a ****wite, but that is a pretty desperate attack. Literally every side, every player does this in the world. And also reeks of hypocricy coming from an Indian.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I don't really give a **** about most of the other stuff as I think it's a fair argument that Steve Waugh is a bit of a ****wite, but that is a pretty desperate attack. Literally every side, every player does this in the world. And also reeks of hypocricy coming from an Indian.
Bhen****

On a serious note, we like hating on Aussies, let us do it, it's a compliment.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bhen****

On a serious note, we like hating on Aussies, let us do it, it's a compliment.
hahahahahaha I know most of it was exaggerated (and let's be fair none of Waugh, Ponting or Clarke were perfect souls on the field), but I'm not always convinced that's the case for hb. Maybe that's why I took the bait hard.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
but that is a pretty desperate attack.
You can call it what you want but it is also true. And FTR, its not about his walking. Its about his whole "the world is watching, champ" lectures on the cricket field. And hypocrisy? As in "the line" "the spirit" "elite honesty" etc.? Or the Aussies lecturing about racism in this forum?

And no, its not hating nor desperate and not even an attack when its fact. I love Gilly the player and think he was the reason you won in India in 2004 (the same series where he said **** stuff like what I quoted above) and was the point of difference that tipped a very good Aussie to ATGness. His walking was just PR stuff that meant absolutely nothing and I stand by that.

Flem274*

123/5
steve waugh won, others did not.

if steve waugh was running about in a lesser team with less media presence supporting his legacy he'd be remembered for what he was, but he won. if you win you get to dictate.

you have to try really hard to be so awful you overpower your surroundings, which is why michael vaughan is recognised as the **** he is despite gaining eternal credit for 2005.

kohli could eat a small child on live telly and it won't mean a thing in 20 years if he leads india into a decade of dominance with a couple of world cup wins. if it was mentioned people would probably justify it as necessary for his sustenance or recompense for sydney 08 or something.

Kraken

International 12th Man
going back to the Ponting mankad article - what's everyone's actual thoughts about it? Remove the fact it's Ponting saying it...do people actually think Mankading is a good thing for the game? It's a disgrace tbh

Flem274*

123/5
stay in your ground if you don't like it. we don't want batsmen galloping halfway down the pitch before the bowler releases the ball free from potential consequence.

the rules are fair, and tilted in favour of the batsmen in etiquette. **** off im not giving a warning if it's the last ball of a world cup final.