• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Could an American team made up of minor league baseballers become T20 world beaters?

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
I reckon some of those guys can be trained to become highly effective T20 players. Baseball players hit the ball a lot further than cricketers do (I know a six is a six irrespective of distance) and I think after a couple of years of being taught the ropes in T20 cricket, they could become a top team. A former English cricketer recently turned a Korean baseball team into cricketers and they reached the quarter finals of the Asia cup cricket competition. This guy reckons minor league baseball players in America could be trained to become T20 cricketers, and in so doing make America into an effective T20 cricketing team. They could become successful because they will hit loads of sixes, almost at will like Chris Gayle does. One thing I've heard from people who have seen baseball players play cricket is that, though their technique maybe poor, they hit the ball a lot further than their cricketing teammates.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The ball bounces in cricket

It's different

Probably not

ImpatientLime

International Regular
could prime randy couture take lennox lewis in a 12 round boxing matchup?

i mean they're almost the same sports.

GGG

State Captain
Pretty sure a big hitting cricket player would hit a baseball just as far if he grew up with the game. I would say it is more likely a top 20/20 team could win the umm worldseries? soupbowl? Or whatever they call it. Anyway, I am not sure why I responded to an obvious troll post.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
They should make this into an underdog movie

The plot twist is that the team organiser gets gaoled for racist abuse after bringing the team over to England, leaving them fools for believing his wild ideas

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The plot twist is that the team organiser gets gaoled for racist abuse after bringing the team over to England, leaving them fools for believing his wild ideas
TBF Adam Sandler is probably already buying the rights to this idea, he revolutionized golf from being an ice-hockey player, it's pretty much the same thinking.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Sounds a bit like Cool Runnings. Sort of.

cnerd123

likes this
A former English cricketer recently turned a Korean baseball team into cricketers and they reached the quarter finals of the Asia cup cricket competition.
I know this sounds impressive, but you do realise they actually only played 3 matches in the tournament and lost 2? They beat China by 6 runs and were soundly thrashed by Malaysia and a Sri Lanka B team.

Anyways, why is this guy not banned yet?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know this sounds impressive, but you do realise they actually only played 3 matches in the tournament and lost 2? They beat China by 6 runs and were soundly thrashed by Malaysia and a Sri Lanka B team.

Anyways, why is this guy not banned yet?
Umm think you perhaps need to look under his name.

edit Damn Pews beat me WAC, which stands for What a Cyborg obvs

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
hey could a group of rugby players make good cricketers

i mean as they are powerful and run in short bursts of high momentum they would be ideal for making threes out of twos, and they have strong bodies for big hits.

Victor Ian

International Coach
How come no one has tried to coax ninjas to ply their hand at cricket? Their timing would be sublime. Playing a pull shot is not far removed from chopping of someone's head.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whenever I see an incredibly stupid thread on this site I don't even have to check to see who made it anymore

Stapel

International Regular
Could an American team made up of minor league baseballers become T20 world beaters?
They could! Sure they could. But they won't be allowed to play cricket. You see, once girls are used to wearing gloves to catch a ball, they cannot return to a proper sport. Maybe, somewhere in time, this will become socially acceptable. But I can't see that happen soon.