• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fastest bowlers in new Zealand right now?

thundaboult

International Debutant
He got movement too, I think he played in England. Could be wrong though.
He did a bit. Bairstow played the innings of a lifetime that day. Billings was good too. I remember matt henry bowling quite quickly against billings too in that game.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Kuggiline(sp) was the other guy I was thinking of, he's rapid can bat a bit too.
Lot of potential but hasn't made it click on the international level consistently, same as blair tickner. Has had numerous chances but I can see them giving him a run again if he catches form again.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Lot of potential but hasn't made it click on the international level consistently, same as blair tickner. Has had numerous chances but I can see them giving him a run again if he catches form again.
I can't see why Tickner got the call up to the current test squad looking at his numbers unless he had a particularly good season, would of thought he is well down the list.

Flem274*

123/5
He looks better than his results, which are good but not top FC bowler. He and Doug Bracewell are sorta proof our average standard of bowler is better than 20 years ago.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Lockie bowls the fastest ball of IPL 2022, and perhaps in all of cricket since lee and akhtar retired + tait's decline.

He is so much fun to watch in full flow, is genuinely scary and definitely an enforcer for us. Can't wait to see him in Aus later this year. I'm sure this feat of his will go un-noticed even though it happened in an IPL final. Umran Malik or any other indian bowler can bowl one ball at 150 and it will be talked about for the next 300 years all day everyday. Keep doin ya thang Lockie. Champions endure.

Flem274*

123/5
not in the test plans though because it's his fault we debuted him at perth in the middle of summer after weeks of 12th man duties.

im willing to bet real money michael bracewell plays more tests than lockie ferguson.

thundaboult

International Debutant
not in the test plans though because it's his fault we debuted him at perth in the middle of summer after weeks of 12th man duties.

im willing to bet real money michael bracewell plays more tests than lockie ferguson.
life isn't fair

thundaboult

International Debutant
would be nice to see sears or fishy send down some thunderbolts in the near future...preferably in test match cricket

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
that was a test match where the speedgun showed southee sending down a couple zingers at 150
It looked it though. Starc was bowling obscene pace in that spell, consistently in the 150's, so it wasn't a huge outlier or anything like with Southee's bowling. I'd say Starc has a slight edge over Lockie in terms of really cranking up the pace when they want to.

thundaboult

International Debutant
It looked it though. Starc was bowling obscene pace in that spell, consistently in the 150's, so it wasn't a huge outlier or anything like with Southee's bowling. I'd say Starc has a slight edge over Lockie in terms of really cranking up the pace when they want to.
ah yes, that insane spell lays more credibility on that 160km reading for sure....i also remember one at 155.4 takin a chunk outta mccullums bat

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
ah yes, that insane spell lays more credibility on that 160km reading for sure....i also remember one at 155.4 takin a chunk outta mccullums bat
Not to mention the 2 edges that exploded through the slips hands. Honestly think the only other spell that I've ever seen that compares in terms of raw pace was Akhtar at the Basin in 2003 when he bowled NZ out for a hundred on a complete road. Taylor's 290 often gets written down as being made on a highway, but he deserves enormous credit for withstanding Starc that day as that's the sort of bowling that has routinely made NZ collapse in a heap over the years.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm I don’t think Starc is quicker than Lockie now even if he tries. He’s had a couple of injuries and changed his action.

Quickest in the world probably Lockie, Nortje, Umran and Wood atm.