• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fastest bowlers in new Zealand right now?

thundaboult

International Debutant
What a world it will be when we finally, finally have a test attack ranging in speeds from 125 to 155. Forever medium fast :ranting:

slippy888

International Captain
I will always believe New Zealand made a massive mistake by not selecting Jamieson for the world cup final against Australia in 20 20 world cup final

Last edited:

thundaboult

International Debutant
I will always believe New Zealand made a massive mistake by not selecting Jamieson for the world cup final against Australia in 20 20 world cup final
Our bowling attack had done fine up until that point. Really think it was guptill (28 off 35), our slow start (57-1 after 10) and bowling pace up front to warner/marsh that did us in.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Ben Sears is the quickest followed by Matt Fisher.
Will O'Rourke I hear is quite pacy, probably not in the range of Sears or Fisher but sharp and heavy.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Is there someone you're thinking of that fits the bill?
Oh no, just wishing out loud for one....was watching a pak vs aus match loaded with 140-155km left arm quicks recently. Pretty sure there isn't a single left arm quick on our domestic scene bowling 145, let alone 150, lol. Hazeldine and nuttall are probably the same pace as boult, which isn't anything special.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know, Hazledine before his cancer diagnosis (thrilled to hear things are looking up for him in that respect btw) looked seriously rapid to me. Somewhat scattergun, but certainly fast

thundaboult

International Debutant
I don't know, Hazledine before his cancer diagnosis (thrilled to hear things are looking up for him in that respect btw) looked seriously rapid to me. Somewhat scattergun, but certainly fast
That 15 min video on cantb's fb page covering his struggles and recovery is an awesome watch....what a story it would be if he did make the bc's one day....has already repped us at the nz a level so who knows, best of luck to him

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That 15 min video on cantb's fb page covering his struggles and recovery is an awesome watch....what a story it would be if he did make the bc's one day....has already repped us at the nz a level so who knows, best of luck to him
Will have to check that out, thanks for letting me know

Frost

U19 Debutant
What ever happend to that Matherson guy, not sure if he was quick but looked handy. Left arm too if irc.
There is also that young all rounder, played for nz before-he was quick mid 140s.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What ever happend to that Matherson guy, not sure if he was quick but looked handy. Left arm too if irc.
There is also that young all rounder, played for nz before-he was quick mid 140s.
Yeah Andrew Mathieson and Corey Anderson, real up and comers imo. Ones to watch along with Shaun Marsh.