• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Saddest Summer - Cricket Web Tribute to Richie Benaud

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Fitting tribute.

Richie Benaud was cricket, and in his passing the sport has lost a part of itself.

smash84

The Tiger King
What a beautiful tribute Burgey. Absolutely loved and I am pretty sure the man himself would have appreciated it. Indeed, Richie Benaud was cricket. The cricketing world is a lesser place without him.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Over the next four decades, Richie and his devoted wife Daphne lived a life without a winter, travelling between Australian summers and what passes for summer in England.
Wonderful.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant tribute. I have a sneaking suspicion that despite the quality of the article that it wrote itself and flew off the "typewriter" such were the large number of memories you had.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Brilliant tribute. I have a sneaking suspicion that despite the quality of the article that it wrote itself and flew off the "typewriter" such were the large number of memories you had.
I asked if one of the CW writing team would mind putting an article together as a tribute to the great man. 23 minutes later, Burgey amazingly responded with this awesome tribute so yes it clearly just flew off his typewriter.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Moving stuff Cam. The best piece about Richie I've read, and there's some pretty stiff competition out there