• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Weather forecast looks ****e after today so not likely to get a result in at OT. Batting first though in good conditions today, hopefullly the openers can get some runs.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reasonable start too, though I'm not looking forward to the answer to this question - Is Tom Smith broken?

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Well either someone with some sense is now preparing our pitch or we've learned how to bowl, can't decide which one is the least improbable.

Nice to see Bres getting things done today, really should have gone and watched. Maybe after exams I can finally make a trip down

fredfertang

Good to see Tres get a big century - when we need an opener and on the tenth anniversary too - a man can dream

grecian

Got to hand it to Hales, I thought his comments were really dickish whinging about not being giving enough chances, but he's backed it up on the pitch.

Still think he's a bit of a dick mind.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
James Middlebrook turning out for Yorkshire. Can't say I was expecting that this season. Perhaps Yorkshire are questioning their release of Azeem Rafiq with the benefit of hindsight?

Also, no Matt Prior for Sussex so far. Any news on him in terms of injury?

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
James Middlebrook turning out for Yorkshire. Can't say I was expecting that this season. Perhaps Yorkshire are questioning their release of Azeem Rafiq with the benefit of hindsight?

Also, no Matt Prior for Sussex so far. Any news on him in terms of injury?
Was just wondering this the other day too. Out indefinitely from the sound of things, still having major trouble with his achilles.

grecian

So 'tis the time of the season to look at cricinfo, see a few unfamiliar names do well, then get overexcited about them being the future of English cricket. Tom Taylor, James Porter, Ben Raine, and Oliver Robinson all seem to have started the season well, without me having any knowledge of them. I understand Robinson has had his problems disciplinary wise.

Go to say all these guys are seamers, so it's quite possibly just the early season conditions.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Middlebrook played at Northcote this season just past, batting at 9 and bowling behind Matt Short. His one last hurrah before settling into post-cricket life, or so he thought!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Alex Davies 95*, the signing of Buttler is working out ok for Lancs - guess he will mostly only be available for LO stuff for Lancs now and will probably be happy to just play as a batsman, meanwhile Davies is developing nicely.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well I unfortunately put the mockers on Davies, who was out for 99. Kent started well but Jarvis seems to be continuing his good form with a couple of quick wickets. Think the rain is heading there soon though, most likely result still a draw.

grecian

Daniel Lawrence batting no 4 for Essex spent the off-season playing for my club, was absolutely phenomenal how much better he was than the rest of us, ****y bastard though
Scored a few today, despite being practically a toddler. Matt Taylor to join the promising young seamers doing well, oh and Gregory for England.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rafiq seemed to completely get the yips after his injury.