• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Can't see Worcs staying up now. Head dropped massively during that game and when Wright, Brown and Nash were batting you could tell they were just waiting or the declaration.

Woodster

International Captain
Interesting take on England's spinners in County cricket from the very successful Jeetan Patel (certainly in CC cricket anyway!) -

English spinners don't practice enough - Jeetan Patel | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

A lack of practice ?? Surely there's no excuse for this! Yes quick bowlers are generally monitored closely during the hectic domestic campaign and encouraged not to bowl too much (which is also a debate for another day) but not working hard enough to develop and ultimately master your trade as a spinner is disappointing to hear.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Interesting take on England's spinners in County cricket from the very successful Jeetan Patel (certainly in CC cricket anyway!) -

English spinners don't practice enough - Jeetan Patel | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

A lack of practice ?? Surely there's no excuse for this! Yes quick bowlers are generally monitored closely during the hectic domestic campaign and encouraged not to bowl too much (which is also a debate for another day) but not working hard enough to develop and ultimately master your trade as a spinner is disappointing to hear.
Yes I saw this. I guess that's the difference between the random county guy who is happy enough and those who push onto international level. It's a fairly common theme. Those who reach test cricket and are the best are the hardest workers. I don't think the county schedule helps with the constant travelling and changing between formats - but those who want to progress find time to improve.

Regarding Gregory he may think he's a better bat but it's really as simple as scoring runs or not. He doesn't currently. Maybe he needs to work harder at it, who knows.

theegyptian

Lees has regressed so much this year. Doesn't even look first class standard let alone anywhere near international level.

My Gloucestershire boys have been pitiful so far.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Class comeback this from Glos, although Yorkshire's bowlers will probably still fancy defending even a semi-decent total. Still Glos have managed some good chases this year, should be close.

Woodster

International Captain
Well Yorkshire looked set for a much more imposing total than the 264 target set. Gloucester's reply will probably have to be constructed around the run machine that is Michael Klinger, but they have a real chance of reaching the final here.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Klinger delivering. Anyone know if he will be around for the final? Surely pre-season for the prestigious Matador BBQ's One Day Cup will have started by then for WA?

Woodster

International Captain
Klinger delivering. Anyone know if he will be around for the final? Surely pre-season for the prestigious Matador BBQ's One Day Cup will have started by then for WA?
Yes he's going to stay for the final which means Gloucester will have a chance whoever they play.

theegyptian

Think with only two clear days between odis it's understandable that Plunkett, Rashid, Hales, Taylor are not selected for these semi finals. 3 big games in 4 days is pretty tough and won't get the best out of the players.

I do find it completely unjust though that counties will go throughout the tournament with England players and then they won't be allowed to play the semifinals. Hales and Taylor have played every game for Notts in this comp until today; Roy every game for surrey; Plunkett had played 6/9, Rashid 4/9 before yesterday.

It undermines the legitimacy of the tournament and makes it less of a spectacle if those who've played throughout aren't then allowed to play in the biggest matches.

If there were 4 clear days between ODIs they could hold the semifinals and the England players could play.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
God, imagine if Yorkshire win the Championship, Surrey get promoted and win the OD stuff, and Somerset get relegated.

Only Arsenal winning the treble would be able to keep my faith in domestic competition.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I'm not allowing any more of you ****s on my Sam Curran bandwagon, it's too crowded ATM.