• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Only Voges went at more than 40 per 100 balls, probably a result of his form and confidence more than any going for the win plan.

Niall

International Coach
It was a horror declaration from Reed, they really didn't need 519 runs to play with, especially with Malan injured. Shame for the Notts fans not to win, but very pleasing for everyone else if they don't. Insanely defensive declarations are one of my pet peeves. Michael Clarke would agree.:laugh:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
nice to see them fight back without rogers for a change.

malan being injured is terrible though. was the only middle order bat who turned up last summer.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is odd. I realised today that Luke Wells of Sussex is son of the Sussex stalwart Alan Wells.

Clicked on the profile of Luke and Dan Wells, and either these two men, six years apart are identical or Cricinfo cbf to take another photo:

Dan Wells | England Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
Luke Wells | England Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Not only that, but Luke has played 138 first class matches despite debuting in April 2015 and his last match being in September 2014.

As an aside, how unfortunate is to be educated in Upper Dicker?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
alex hales not exactly peter moores #1 fan by the sounds of this

Hales, who needed to score three of England’s four highest Twenty20 scores to convince the selectors he was worthy of a one-day debut last August, has also rejected the claim made by some that his game was “worked out” by India’s bowlers during that first, brief spell in the 50-over side.

Among them was the head coach Peter Moores, who, on first dropping the right-hander in Sri Lanka last November, told a press conference: “India had started to bring the ball back into Alex and bowl spin at him and he has to decide what else he is going to come back at them with.” Understandably, such public analysis hurt. “I read the press and saw the stuff about ‘bringing the ball back in’ and that I had been worked out – I got bowled once by Bhuvneshwar Kumar with an inswinger. That’s not being worked out, that’s a good delivery.

“Getting the news at the start of that Sri Lanka tour that I wasn’t going to get first crack dented my confidence quite a bit. Maybe I let it affect me in a negative way,” he said. “I am still learning my game but I would definitely not say I have been ‘worked out’. I do feel I’m ready for the standard of one-day cricket, I have shown in Twenty20 cricket I can take down international bowling attacks.”
Alex Hales expresses frustration over stalled one-day career with England | Sport | The Guardian

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
In general I think the Hales comments are fairly harmless but I do wonder about some of these English players mouthing off about the team. In any other walk of life people don't slag off their employers and fellow employees unless they want to be sacked. Sure you have complaints (everybody does) but you keep it to yourself. I'm not convinced that if the likes of Bopara and Hales are complaining about this stuff they really have the mental ability to play at the highest level.

All this 'we played with a fear of failure' etc. It's like they're trying to attribute the blame on the coaches and the captain. Well Hales and Bopara were in the world cup squad. You had you're opportunity to standup in team meetings and deliver a message. You batted in warmup games. It's typical Bopara and Hales. Think something is wrong but don't say anything then complain about it to the press.

It's like these players have taken what KP has done and taken the wrong message from it. They see KP and think yes I'll complain to the press as well. Well actually KP has done a lot more than you. For all his faults KP moved from SA at an early age and grabbed the opportunity that was hard to come by. HE was one of the hardest working players in the team. Whatever you think of MooresKP round 1, KP had the courage of his convictions. He actually stood up and said to the board 'sack Moores'. He said this wasn't working. Whether that was right or wrong he actually tried to do something.

Hales and Bopara are the opposite. Don't perform on the pitch, complain and whine off it to the press. KP stood up in the changing rooms and said this is wrong. Even if I think some of the stuff KP did was wrong I can respect him for his convictions. Bopara, Hales, Tremlett just sound like whining bitches who jumped on the bandwagon but didn't have the balls to play or say what they wanted when it actually mattered.

You need players on the field that have the courage of their convictions. Whether that's Cook and his steadfast refusal to give up or KP's pigheaded attitude. The likes of Bopara and Hales who can see something wrong and don't do anything about it apart from whine to the press months after the incident probably aren't the players you want.

Either make the point in the dressing room and show leadership or keep it to yourself - but don't go to the press after the event and complain about things you could have changed if you were brave enough.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs put into bat at Derby. Saw the overhead conditions and it might get ugly this morning. Buck has been left out against his old county, seam attack of Siddle, Jarvis, Bailey, Smith

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Trent Bridge Live First two days of Notts yorkshire streamed.

As an aside Carter who is onloan at Glamorgan and coming up against KP and Sangakarra today must have one of the worst looking actions ever. Arms and legs going all over the place as he tries to bowl quick. Not a pretty sight.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man

Is this right? Senanayake has 376 FC wickets in just 73 games? Averages 5 wickets a game, how does he not play Tests for Sri Lanka?

Attachments

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Is this right? Senanayake has 376 FC wickets in just 73 games? Averages 5 wickets a game, how does he not play Tests for Sri Lanka?
I don't know, his average in Sri Lanka FC vs overseas might be worth looking at. Right now he should be 2nd seed to Herath instead of guys like Perera and Prasanna though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Dilruwan is a far better red ball spinner than Senanayake, IMO -- especially when you take into account that at least 350ish of those wickets were taken while throwing the ball, compared to his present less chuck-y action.

Nature of SL pitches really work in his favour -- high WPM/low average because he's good enough to be the lead spinner in a domestic side and the quicks generally don't bowl that many overs/take many wickets.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Because taking FC wickets in Sri Lankan cricket for a spinner can be a piece of piss at time. Several others have similar stats to him.