• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Glouc 51/2 (3.5 ov, CDJ Dent 28*, BAC Howell 11*, MG Hogan 0/18) - Match over | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

What the hell Wagg? A five over game, 6 off 15 and he played out a maiden?:laugh:

If he was Pakistani though...:ph34r:
Got klonked on the head by a miles bouncer as well to end it. Sounds like he was swinging from the hip every ball but there was a bit of zip in the wicket that had been under the covers all day.

He is right but probably better bringing it up at a PCA or county meeting at the end of the season rather than an hour after a massively underperforming Notts bomb out of the T20 again. Can't say I'm too disappointed, Notts give off that arrogance vibe every year.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He is right but probably better bringing it up at a PCA or county meeting at the end of the season rather than an hour after a massively underperforming Notts bomb out of the T20 again. Can't say I'm too disappointed, Notts give off that arrogance vibe every year.
Looks like they read this post and took it out on the Bears.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Amazed that's Colly's highest List A score today. Though I guess that in the world of ODers before a couple of years ago, even tons for middle order guys were pretty rare.

theegyptian

lol maxwell. Listening to the Yorkshire Glos game on the radio. Caught off a no ball, dropped next ball faced, caught next ball.

Maxwell at 3 looks a flawed strategy. Doesn't have the mindset to bat 50 overs. Let him bat 5 or 6 where he's had his best results.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Looks like they read this post and took it out on the Bears.
They'll win a few games convincingly, lose a few, make the quarter or semis and then choke it up like always.

T20 groups stages over. With the World t20 in India 2016 in mind -

Don't think they'll be many changes to the batting of the England t20 team as a result of the comp. Luke Wright churning out the runs again but thankfully they seemed to have moved on from him. Roy was disappointing for the most part and likely will be under pressure for his spot.

Of the bowlers I reckon Tymal Mills may get a go with England. Now that his back doesn't allow him to play first class cricket he seems to have been working on his limited overs bowling and his slower ball seemed to be fooling plenty of bats whilst still being able to bowl quick.

Bopara continues to be a very reliable bowling option in T20. Very good economy and wickets this year whilst playing 1/2 games at Chelmsford. Think he should at least be in the t20 squad on the back of his bowling. Much better bowling option than Stokes in t20 and plenty of experience of India. Need to seperate ODI Bopara from T20 Bopara and bring him back into the fold.

Spinners much of a muchness. Steve Parry had a good tournament. Seemed to be getting a little more turn in the game I saw of him than he used to. Briggs as usual tight with his effective darts- don't think they'll go that route. Few legspinners getting a go but none really good enough at the moment for international honours.

Think for World T20 in India I'd be looking at a squad of something like Hales, Roy/Vince, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Billings/Bairstow, Stokes, Bopara, Rashid, Wood, Moeen, Mills, Finn, Willey/Woakes/jordan/Parry

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Been meaning to ask you Cabinet, is your signature a typo or did you actually get blocked by the parody account?

Riggins

International Captain
Any inside info on what Maxwell did to get suspended? Guess would be partying before a game/missing training or something.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Been meaning to ask you Cabinet, is your signature a typo or did you actually get blocked by the parody account?
Not sure what you mean by parody account. Don't think there's a typo in there.

Any inside info on what Maxwell did to get suspended? Guess would be partying before a game/missing training or something.
Turned up late for a 2nd XI game I think.

Edit: This was the article I read http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...in-one-day-match/story-e6frf3g3-1227458693337

Last edited: